To You, The Absolutely Worthless Excuse

I remember those days.

The time I opened my eyes that day, a ceiling that I had never known before greeted me. It was cold, and the tubes in my arms hurt so bad, those needles sticking to my veins. It didn't take long for me to realize that I was in the hospital. The defibrillator and pulse monitor next to the bed were pretty self-explanatory.

Those were the only days I was in a hospital as a patient, and in the years that followed, I never found myself in a hospital bed again. I don't know what I thought when I first woke up, but I do know it was terrible. The feeling was so intense that, had it not been for the medication they gave, I likely would vomit in right where I were stand.

''Where am I...?''

A question I knew the answer to, but I didn't know why. I couldn't move because of the anesthetic they gave me, but I managed to reach the patient record that the doctor had placed on the side of the bed.

I don't recall all of the things on that record, but only the part about me;

- - - 

𝗣𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗡𝘂𝗺𝗯𝗲𝗿 - 0001

𝗣𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗡𝗮𝗺𝗲 - Madoka Hosoki

𝗔𝗴𝗲 - 14

𝗕𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗱 𝗧𝘆𝗽𝗲 - AB+

𝗣𝗿𝗶𝗼𝗿𝗶𝘁𝘆 𝗼𝗳 𝗜𝗺𝗽𝗼𝗿𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗰𝗲 -  Level 5, Immediate treatment and intervention.

𝗢𝗻-𝗱𝘂𝘁𝘆 𝗗𝗼𝗰𝘁𝗼𝗿 - Akira Shoji

𝗣𝗿𝗶𝗺𝗮𝗿𝘆 𝗠𝗲𝗱𝗶𝗰𝗮𝗹 𝗗𝗶𝗮𝗴𝗻𝗼𝘀𝗶𝘀

• Concussion and high degree loss of consciousness due to extreme stress.

• Excessive blood loss.

• Transient physical impairments due to blood deficiency.

𝗔𝗱𝗺𝗶𝗻𝗶𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗲𝗱 𝗧𝗿𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁

• Emergency surgery in the cranial region.

• Blood transfusion.

• Serum infusion with proper medicine.

- - -

- - -

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

''. . .'' Even after all these years, thinking back on this particular day still gives me headaches. ''Who even found me?...''

I realized the reason for the sharp pain in the back of my head when I touched there with my fingertips. Something had caused one of the vessels in my brain to erode, and I had to undergo emergency surgery.