Chapter 20 - Cast Away (Ⅳ)

Kazuma's POV:

How someone live a life to the fullest? Who decides the worth of a life?

All the effort and time spent on worldly pleasures... the same thing every year. In a few months they will forget most of what happened here. All of them waste their precious time for a few days of happiness. What's the point of making happy memories if you're going to forget about them?

''Kazuma-kun, are you going to stand there all day or will you come with me?''

''. . .''

''You promised me that we would see the festival stands together! Mou, Kazuma-kun...''

''I made no promise to you. You tried to stalk me all day.''

''You did! Remember, You said ~maybe~, m-a-y-b-e.''

''And you decided to bother me for an imprecise word?''

Ichika, the girl, gave me a scowl. She hasn't let me go since I helped her at the fireworks festival. Even if I was there by chance, a cruel twist of fate. She's no better than a leech.

''Do you remember when we first met, Kazuma-kun?''

One month, twenty-seven days, sixteen hours and fifty-five minutes ago.

''I don't care.''

''Also, it's quite interesting to see you without a cigarette between your lips, hehe.

''This place is public, and the last thing I need is to deal with teachers and the student council.''

''Ara~ Aren't you a fan of roofs? Why aren't you there?'' She made a smug smile, disgusting.

''The students got access to the roof because of your class's stupid Bounty Hunt. It's swarming with people right now.''

''Ding ding! One point for Kazuma-kun! That's why you are with me here and now.''

''Tch—''

''Speaking of events! If you don't want to go to the festival stands with me, you can go join the bounty hunt, hmpf. I've hidden the most of of the wish papers so you can never-ever-ever find them! Heh.''

In the girls' bathroom, your classroom, the music room, and the swimming pool.

Your classroom is connected to the girls' bathroom. The stain of guitar paint on your right hand, and the pool's chlorine smell mixed with your perfume.

''Who knows?...''

''Can't you express yourself a little more!? Gah, It's like I'm talking to a wall.''

You're readable like an open book, not interesting. Now leave me alone.

''Besides, why did you even come here? You, I don't know... Asuka was right, you don't seem like the type to come this places.'' She pulled up a chair and sat down next to me.