[Part 1 Finale] Chapter 38 - For Whom the Bells Toll

Finding the Nakano residance turned out to be easier than I thought, located near an area where upper-income magnate reside in the city. It fits perfectly with the information Fuutarou gave. Tokyo is no longer a place to get lost in for me, or if there is any place left. Every street of this city leads to a specific place. For some, it leads to heaven, and for others... to hell. Nevertheless, the city has unveiled its secrets to me many moons ago.

Time will decide which one is for me tonight.

''Fuutarou-kun, you're late al— Eh?...Ha? AAAAAAAAAAAAH!? W-W-W-W-WHAT?!''

''. . .''

When I saw her at the front hallway, shocked and on her knees, I instinctively understood that this was the correct door

When I saw her at the front hallway, shocked and on her knees, I instinctively understood that this was the correct door. I had never familiarized myself with their house before, but now, it etched itself into my memory permanently. Tonight would be unlike any other, that much is clear.

''Ichika.''

''K-Kazuma-kun...'' She slapped her both cheeks to regain her focus ''W-what?! H-how...''

Fuutarou explained their issue, and according to his words, the star girl and the butterfly girl should not be here. While Ichika is trying to stand on her own feet, her sisters also come to see what the commotion is about. Tch, idiots.

''O-oya?! Kurosawa-san? What are you doing here?'' The annoying girl held Ichika's arm and helped her to stand up. ''Hehe, watch out Ichika.''

"...I see now." The girl with headphones nodded to herself. "So, that was Fuutarou's plan."

''Kurosawa-san, w-we glad your visit but o-our tutors can come anytime soon! You ca-''

''They won't come.''

"E-ehh...?" Her ribbon perked up, as if she wanted to say something.

''I've been asked to be your tutor today.''

'' ... / ... / ... ''

Their reactions are exaggerated

Their reactions are exaggerated. All three must have been fully aware that this will eventually happen, sooner or later. The discomfort lies with me being here, not with you.