Chapter 43 - Calliope (I)

Madoka's POV:

Nights often do not offer me a good sleep. I wish to express that, within the framework of my life, the prioritization of sleep appears to hold a comparatively lesser degree of importance.

The light on the curtains tells me it's morning once again, this time I'm sure. But tonight was different, I had a clear sleep for the first time in months. The Crystal Hills incident must have had an effect on my sleep pattern, whether it was positive or not will be known in the upcoming nights.

I hear footsteps outside my room now. Someone must be on their way to wake me awake. It can't be Mori, my butler is currently on leave for the day.

''Madoka-nee-sama, rise and shine. Everyone has already left.'' A hand turns the room-lights on. ''Does Mori-san do this every morning? Incredible.''

''...I thought it would be one of the maids. May I ask why you are not currently on the way school?"

''Haha, indeed you may. I had to get ready so I'll be leaving late. You also have last finals today, you were supposed to be up early too.'' His appearance remains as fancy as always—no less than expected. "Hold on, did you take off your clothes in before sleep? That means... Madoka-nee-sama, did you finally manage to get a proper night's rest?"

''It's possible. Fatigue is not something I can't handle.''

''In any case, I wanted to wake you up today since Mori-san is away

''In any case, I wanted to wake you up today since Mori-san is away. Unfortunately, dear big sister, we don't attend a school as close as yours. We need to wake up at least two or three hour earlier to go to the Holy Forest, and you know how nauseating helicopters are, my my.''

"Hideo, the decision to go to school by helicopter was of your own." I stated. "Is the shirt you are wearing the one I purchased for your birthday?"

''Exactly.'' He smiled. ''Actually, this is one of the most fashionable models right now. A design from Tokyo Fashion Magazine's top page to be clear. No offense, Madoka-nee-sama, but I never thought you picking a gift like this one. You know...you're not exactly the best at fashion.''

Hideo Hosoki, my brother. He's also attending the Holy Forest Academy like all my other siblings. Due to the considerable distance of their school, they travel by helicopter every day for school. A routine that differs from mine.

Hideo is someone who is quite fond of fashion, the one may call him a fashionista. Whenever there is a fashion or clothing problem at home, he is always the problem solver.

''We bought it with an...acquaintance of mine. Don't give me all the credit.''

The shirt he's wearing is the birthday gift we chose together that day with Butterfly. I had no idea it was such a trend.

''Then please convey my gratitude to you and that acquaintance of yours, haha. I was considering purchasing it as well, but it appears that you acted before me. I personally preared your clothes ready today so you'll look extra eye-catching today. I left them in your bathroom.''