Chapter 34 - A Few Mistakes Ago

Asuka's POV:

''Tutoring, huh...''

Honestly it felt like an eternity since I last went to Nakano Residence, but in reality it has only been a few days. Eh, the finals are just a few days ahead. And the girls' average still doesn't pass a fucking solid thirty.

''Today's schedule is history, bet Miku will have the time of her life.''

I now stand in front of the Nakano's door; I must have come here dozens of times by now. Well, it has started to feel quite ordinary, but it's still fun! Ever since I revealed my relationship with Itsuki to the others, I feel much much lighter. Maaaaaan, sure feeels like heaven.

Fuutarou must have already begun the class by now. Better knock the door and hop in.

Or so I thought— Just as I was about to knock, I heard shouts from the other side of the door. All voices I knew. Are they...fighting?

''
𝗡𝗶𝗻𝗼. 𝗔𝗽𝗼𝗹𝗼𝗴𝗶𝘇𝗲.''

''𝗙𝗶𝗻𝗲, 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗻...! 𝗜𝗳 𝘆𝗼𝘂 𝗱𝗼𝗻'𝘁 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗺𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗺𝘂𝗰𝗵, 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗻 𝗜'𝗹𝗹 𝗹𝗲𝗮𝘃𝗲 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗵𝗼𝘂𝘀𝗲!!!''

''...''

No. I gave up knocking on the door. Itsuki and Nino's argument is getting quite heated, reaching far beyond the door. Probably going to get much worse if I go and knock on the door right now. Waiting for their voices to stop is the right decision, I'll do so.

I'm sure the others will tell me what happened later.

*CRASH!*

The door swung open with anger, and Nino stormed out. We came face to face and locked eyes only for a moment. Her cheek was entire red in pain, and I... Oh no... What have you done?

''Nino, what hap—...''

''DON'T TALK WITH ME! IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF YOU TWO.''

''Nino, wait!'' Yotsuba runs to stop Nino, but she's already gone by when she arrived the front-door

''Nino, wait!'' Yotsuba runs to stop Nino, but she's already gone by when she arrived the front-door. Instead, she sees me. ''Asuka-kun...''

''What happened here?''

''The situation is a bit difficult to explain... If you'd like, come inside. Uesugi-san is already here.''

This is the first time I've seen them really argue. I've seen Miku and Nino arguing over a million unnecessary and nonsense reasons many times before, but it's the first time I've seen Nino so shaken. I accepted Yotsuba's invitation and head to the living room. Miku, Fuutarou, and Ichika were sitting on the couch, trying to understand what was going on just like me.

''Asuka, welcome.'' Miku greets me. ''Good thing you're here...''

''Nino just stormed out of the door like a rabid dog. Can someone please explain to me what happened?''

''Itsuki and Nino argued.''

"And where's Itsuki now?"

''Locked herself inside her room.''

I joined the others on the couch after checking everything had calmed down. Shit— Today it seems like study session is out of the question. Fuutarou and Ichika explained to me why the fight broke out. Meanwhile, Yotsuba tried to talk to Itsuki by knocking on her door, but no response. This girl always does that; when there's a problem, she isolates herself from the world.