Chapter 9 - Trickster (Ⅰ)

Fuutarou's POV:

''HAH...hah...hah!...''

I saw Nino and Miku going this way. If we somehow managed to gather them... If I had known that this day was so important to them, I would have definitely stopped Asuka, damn it!

''NINO, MIKU!''

No good. It's too crowded here. They're not answering my calls, no wonder why they can't hear my calls.

''This part of the festival area is mostly filled with food stands, which means I can see them from the outside...''

I can't even remember the last time I ran this far...

"Only 10 minutes until the fireworks begin. If I estimate an hour to locate them, I still have roughly 70 minutes left... "DAMMIT! MIKU! NINO!"

''Fuutarou?''

A serene voice called to me from behind. The owner of the voice belonged to one of the two people I want to see in this world right now.

''Miku!—Thank god.''

Somehow I managed to come right next to Miku. She and Nino were sitting at a yakisoba stand.

''Ugh, What are you doing here?'' Nino asked with a sullen expression. I wonder if I've come at a bad time, too...

No, that's not the problem here.

''Do you have any idea how many times I've called you! Fireworks are about to start!''

''Fireworks...''

''Where did you hear that?...'' Nino's eyes opened wide. She probably didn't want anyone to know this information except her sisters.

''Yotsuba told me. She was going to try to find you on her own, but for one person its not possible. CHECK YOUR PHONE!———''

'' 7:50 PM...'' Miku mumbled with a silent tone.

''Fireworks will start in 10 minutes, and you're still here. I thought it was an important day!''

''We have to leave, right now.'' Nino suddenly stood up, and Miku followed her in the same way.

''What about the others, Fuutarou?''

''It was my duty to find you, Yotsuba is taking care of the others.''

The three of us left the yakisoba stand fast as we could and started to move.

''Fuutarou...Arigatou.''

''No problem. You'll be sad if you miss today, won't you? Sessions with sad students are not productive at all.''

Miku giggled slightly while Nino was silently looking at me. She wants to tell me something... or rather...Maybe she doesn't want me to come with them...

''I'm sorry Nino.''

''W-what?''

''I know today is special, for you and your sisters. After gathering you together, me and Asuka will leave... I promise.''

''What the hell are you saying! Who asked you to do this?!''

''What...''

''If you're really trying so hard to get us together, it's going to make me a bad person to tell you to leave. That's why for tonight...There's no problem...D-don't get the wrong idea! I'm still fully against with these sessions!''

''Nino...''

These words gave me some encouragement— So...Nino has a soft side that she doesn't show to anyone. OK I DEFINITELY HAVE TO DO THIS! NO LONGER NO TURN BACK.