Chapter 24 - Make a Spell

Fuutarou's POV:

"Are you excited for the school trip Uesugi-san?"

"I'll show them what it's like to mess with me. I'll frighten them so much that they'll never dare to cross me again."

"Uesugi-san...It was your fault that you took the courage test. You should have actually listened instead of focusing on the lesson."

Our school trip will begin soon. I accidentally volunteered for the test of courage because of my own carelessness, I'm going to screw them all up.

Right now, I'm waiting for the others in the library with Miku and Yotsuba. I'm a little embarrassed to be wearing this ridiculous costume, but it's a small price to pay for my true goal.

"Blonde wig suits you...Fuutarou."

"I don't care, Miku. I made the same mistake once, I won't do it again."

"Nee nee~! Have you two heard the Bonfire Legend?" Yotsuba tried to lighten our mood up. "Its said that you'll be bound by fate for life to the partner you dance with at the finale of the bonfire dance that takes places on the last day."

"That's highly nonsense and unscientific."

"Yup, I agree with Fuutarou."

"How insensitive you two are! Argh-" Yotsuba pout.

"High school relationships are mostly short-lived. Besides, my bones are still aching from that stupid couple race, ugh."

"E-eh...Anita-san told you to go to the doctor, and you just went home and studied, Uesugi-san! Don't be that stubborn."

"It's pretty tough to find someone like that, total nonsense. Except for Asuka, I'm sure girls are probably asking him out as we speak." Miku sighed in exasperation.

"We're not as popular as he is...ahaha..." And then Yotsuba looked around. "Asuka-kun isn't here..."

"Today it will just be me. Asuka has football practice. Also...It would be very difficult for a girl to ask him out now."

"Ara~ You all gossiping?"

One of the missing lambs has finally appeared

One of the missing lambs has finally appeared. It's been almost an hour. My money flowing here...It's my money at stake here! Only a matter of time before your father hires an assassin after me.

''Hard day, Ichika?'' Miku asked.

"Tell me about it... Ever since I ran away last time, they've had a security guard glued to my side during every break. But today, I'm finally saved.''

''Ichika, you're late! We're already getting started!''

''Umm...Just what are you starting exactly?''

"Also, Fuutarou-kun, what on earth did you do to your hair?"

''Just a wig.'' I muttered as I took my textbooks out of my backpack.