Chapter 40 - Roll Like We Used To

Miku's POV:

Sometimes I think, why this silence? There's always trouble when the five of us are together. Even though we are sisters, we are still girls with our own needs— Although Nino causes most of the problems...

My hand instinctively reached for the shampoo bottle beside me. In the past, we used to argue about this all the time before finally deciding to buy our own shampoos. Unlike Nino, Itsuki never caused any issues over shampoo; she mostly went on about food.

I miss them both.

''...''

I'm sure Yotsuba and Ichika feel the same way I do

I'm sure Yotsuba and Ichika feel the same way I do. They're both outside now, the silence is too much.

I wonder, why is this silence so loud?

''Let's see...'' I closed my eyes.

We made a plan for tomorrow. I'll have to skip a few hours of school, but it's crucial, so I suppose it won't be a problem. I hope Madoka is taking good care of her, I'm less concerned about Itsuki than I am about Nino. After all, Asuka is on her side. Come to think of it, Fuutarou and Asuka sure have some unusual connections of people.

As I think about all this, I sink myself deeper into the bathwater.  ''Mmm...''

*Creak...!*

Isn't that front door? I was about to start wondering who it was, when all my curiosity vanished. Instead, Instead, I burst out giggling. At the very least, she continues to be the same.

''Uwaaaaa~~~ I'm dooooooone~ Oya, a-am I the only one?''

''I'm in the bathroom, Yotsuba.'' I knock the bathroom wall twice.

''Miku? Oh, okay. It's nice to know I'm not the only one here. Team activities ended late today, I thought you'd be mad that I was late.''

''With finals so close, do you think it's such a good idea to lose focus?''

''...''

I didn't hear Yotsuba's voice for a while. It's like she's going back and forth between saying something and not saying anything. I doubt Fuutarou knows anything about this. If he found out, he would probably go nuts.

I can understand Yotsuba. After what happened, she doesn't want to project her personal issues onto Fuutarou nor any of us.

''Miku? Can I come?''

''E-eh?! I'm still not out. Then I should get ou—''

Her voice came from just outside the bathroom door. ''No need for that. I already had things I wanted to talk about.''

Before my respond, the bathroom door opened. Yotsuba already taken off her clothes and now she's looking at me with a towel wrapped around her naked body. ''Hehe, I sweated a lot today. I don't wanna wait, would you mind if we don't waste time?"