Chapter 12 - Ignite

Third Person POV:

Try looking at the roof.

Ichika was walking confidently towards the roof. Since the roof is one of the places where students are not allowed to go, the surroundings were completely empty. Even the sound of the chaos below was barely reaching this floor. People had already started making their plans for the next events, even though they have more than a month.

Ichika reached the rooftop door with all the thoughts in her mind. The door that should have been locked was left ajar, but there was no damage to the lock. It shouldn't be hard to figure out who did it.

''Kazuma-kun, you there?''

No voice answered. Ichika pushed the unlocked door and entered the roof. The winds of late summer were starting to blow. Autumn was almost here.

''Wind feels so good...''

She took a few steps forward to admire the view. The scenery was truly mesmerizing. The beautiful and colorful leaves of summer were giving themselves to the wind, slowly turning into every shade of yellow. Even though it wasn't as big as their old school, Ichika and her sisters had managed to adapt to this school somehow. With the help of her friends, of course. A small smile crept onto Ichika's face when she finally realized her efforts hadn't been in vain for her family.

 A small smile crept onto Ichika's face when she finally realized her efforts hadn't been in vain for her family

However, she didn't forget why she came here, enjoying the view does not mean forgetting her purpose.

''Kazuma-kun, aren't you here?''

"You can keep it down; no need to shout." came the reply.

When the cold but pleasant tone of the target person's voice reached Ichika's ears, she turned around with a smile. ''I knew you would be here.''

''No, you didn't know. Either Asuka or Fuutarou must have told you.''

''Rude as ever, hmpf. Why didn't you answer when I first called you?''

''I thought you were a teacher. The last thing I need right now is dealing with them.''

The usual dead eyes, cold attitude and dark clothes. If you saw him, you'd think he was a character straight out of a crime novel. But no matter how bad someone looked, he was the one who had come to Ichika's help in her worst state.

"Now it's clear why I can't see you anywhere...''

Kazuma stare at Ichika before placing a cigarette in his mouth. He didn't appear very inclined to engage in conversation. ''I want to stay away from the mess down.''

''