Interlude Chapter - Whims of Fate (I)

| 𝐓𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐠𝐨𝐌𝐢𝐝𝐝𝐥𝐞 𝐬𝐜𝐡𝐨𝐨𝐥, 𝐬𝐞𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐝 𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐃𝐞𝐜𝐞𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝟑|

''Naoto, Naoto! Look, the first snowfall of the year! Make a wish! Quick! Make a wish! Papa said the snow fairy is listening and will make our wishes come true.''

''Yeah, he said the same thing to me when I was your age. Geez, I'm too old for believe snow-faires.''

''Bleeeh!~ You're like the boringest big brother ever! Boooring! Can't you see the snow's super cool? You're like, 'No magic fairies for me, I'm too old!' Pshhh, you're ancient, ancient I tell you!"

''Ancient? I'll show you the ancient you little rascal! Well, get ready for the legendary ancient tickle attack! Prepare to be tickled into the next century! Ancient older brother powers, activate!"

''That's the lamest name I've ever heard for a special attack. Oh!... this pebble is perfect. If I find a few more I can use them for the face.''

''I couldn't hear anything better from you, Hibiki. But I won't lie, thanks for taking me out. All these extra classes and after-school study group will be the end of me one day I swear to god...''

''Papa and Mama said they'll be late for home tonight. I heard something special happened, but dunno I was working on my ultra-cool coloring book at that time.''

Naoto Masako and his little sister Hibiki Masako. When the first snowfall of December fell, they were both at the playground next to their house. Naoto rarely had free time during this special time of year, eventually Hibiki took the opportunity to take her brother out.

"Yes, unlike some of us, they have to work. My university exam is almost here, and here I am, building a snowman with my sister. Ugh— May the god of Calculus have mercy on my soul."

''It just...'' Hibiki pouted and grabbed a little handful of snow from the ground. ''I wanted to spend time with Naoto. You know, you had almost no free time this year.''

''And that's how you'll be when you reach my age. After all, I only have one month before I start college.'' Naoto kneeled down next to his sister. ''But you're right. Since little Hibiki decided that today is my day off, I won't ruin her dearest request.''

"Nuh-uh, no deal! I'm never gonna turn into a nerd like you, Naoto! I'm gonna stay cool and awesome forever

"Nuh-uh, no deal! I'm never gonna turn into a nerd like you, Naoto! I'm gonna stay cool and awesome forever. No science fiction books or math puzzles for me, thank you very much!"

''How strange, I remember I said the same thing to mother when I was your age. Look at me now. Ah, I found another pebble. Does this fit?''

Hibiki nod. ''Yup. Fits perfectly, gimme that. Also, you're the loser here, not me. Here's the difference between us, hehe.''