Interlude Chapter - Friends All Over the World

Miku's POV:

"I wanna go home..."

Could this day have been any worse today? I'm like the

Could this day have been any worse today? I'm like the...only person who doesn't have someone to hangout in this festival. Ugh...I wanna go home so so so so bad.

Today was supposed to be a special day with the girls, but all of them ditched me over.

"W-what's the matter with this girl, s-she looks like she's about to murder u-us..."

"Stay away from her, she seems scary..."

Everyone I know has a class duty, so I'm all alone here. Ugh...I want to go home so badly that I could fucking murder someone right now.

"I'll look like an total idiot if I walk around by myself... It's best to stay hidden until the day is done. Nino you traitor, even if you promised me. HMPF!!"

The school is full of students hanging out with each other and enjoying the festival, and I'm alone as a kitten in a box.

"I guess there is nothing to do..."

On the first floor, there is an unused crawlspace beneath the stairs. I'll just sit all day and wait for the day to end. A hidden paradise for people like me.

"I swear to god Nino...My revenge'll be taken, haaaaa..."

"Mama! This onee-chan looks so scary."

"Don't point sweetie. She could get us in trouble."

"...Waaa"

Then I gave up standing idly in the hallway and headed for the first floor stairs. I hope no one is using it, otherwise bad things will happen, seriously bad.

I'm just like Tagachi Seikatsu now...Once a noble warrior of Sengoku period and Emperor's royal friend.

Until he died of grief because his wife left him. Haha...

"At least everyone else is having fun...*sigh*" I mumbled as I walk there.

Okay! It seems to be empty underneath the stairs. Nobody will ever find me here, I can hide until the day end. So I sat in that little crawlspace where no one passed. No one has a reason to look here, unless they're alone like me.

"Hah...At least I have my headphones and phone with me."

Yotsuba and the others should be working upstairs right now... I wish I could worked at the maid cafe too. I'm pretty sure that a maid costume would look fabulous on me.

The thoughts that come to my mind suddenly make my cheeks turn red.

"I wonder what Fuutarou would think..."

I'm curious if they're having a good time up there. Well... It's just an ordinary everyday maid cafe that you see. I mean, I'm sure nothing interesting is going on there, hehe.