Chapter 25 - Darkness Falls, a Star Is Born

???'s POV:

How many hours has it been? I've been lying in my bed since nightfall, my eyes refusing to shut. Even a bed made of top quality silk can't solve insomnia.

Is it still nighttime? Is it morning? I've stopped counting the minutes long time ago and now just waiting for the time to get out of this bed.

''...''

Judging by the sunlight leaking through the curtains, it's morning...No matter how big my room is, daylight always finds a way to seep in. The sign that marks the beginning of a new day is about to come. He's never late, I have to thank him for that.

I can hear footsteps outside my room door, approaching second by second. A hand grabs the doorknob, the door creaks open. How does he manage to do this every day?

''Madoka-sama, it's time to wake up.'' A hand turns the room-lights on and calls me.

With the lights on, my vision returns. My room is still the same, the way I left it yesterday. That face that wakes me up every day is still the same. Comfortable? Maybe not.

''Punctual as always, Mori

''Punctual as always, Mori.''

''Your kind words warmed my heart as always, Madoka-sama. As your family's butler, it is my personal duty to take care of you.''

I've known Mori-san since I was a young girl. He began working for my family even before I was born. From the day I moved into this mansion, my mother appointed Mori-san as my personal butler. He has always been there to address both the general issues of the household and my personal concerns.

''Thanks again for waking me up. You can go now, the other maids need you in the kitchen.''

''Would you like me to tie your hair as always, Madoka-sama?''

"There is no necessity; I choose to leave my hair untied today."

''As you wish my lady. Then, if you allow me...''

Mori closes my room door, leaving me alone again. Now, I must get up; the day commences.

My name is Madoka Hosoki. The eldest child of the Hosoki family. My mother is CEO of a prominent and longstanding trading company that dates back to the Meiji period, which is why we can live in luxury— And that means laziness is something I cannot afford.

I get up from my bed and made my way to the bathroom. ''...''

I have always had the habit of taking a shower in the morning after waking up, ever since I was a child. Mori is aware of this routine, so he prepares fresh clothes for me every day and places them neatly in the bathroom. When I step into the bathroom, I am greeted by the sight of my post-shower attire, ironed and waiting for me in the basket.

''I haven't worn this in a long time...''

I took off my pajamas and got in the shower. For me, taking a shower is starting the day from scratch by getting rid of the stress of yesterday.

''...''