Chapter 23 - Someday in the Rain

Asuka's POV:

*DING DONG*

''...''

It's been almost a week since the cultural festival ended. We're all back to our ordinary days. The quints still having hard times with their classes as usual, and somehow Fuutarou and I weren't fired. Actually, we were supposed to be fired, but Nino saved us at the very last moment. I really thought the last person to could do this was Nino. She doesn't like us, or least Fuutarou after all.

I started dating Itsuki... It still feels like a dream. But now it's time to wake up from sweet daydreams.

After the exam results were announced, we decided not to do classes for a while. That's why I'm coming here for the first time in a week. To Nakano Residance.

We scheduled today's class in the library, but a huge storm broke out this morning. If this keeps going, it could flood the entire seaside.

 If this keeps going, it could flood the entire seaside

''I should've took an umbrella...''

I didn't have time to go back because I got caught in the rain on the way. Now we have to do the class at home. Going out isn't an option anymore.

''Just a sec!''

*CREAK*

''Asuka-kun, welcome!'' Yotsuba was the one who opened the door to me.

''Yo, Yotsuba. I hope I'm not disturbing.''

''Not at all! Uesugi-san's already here. We were waiting for you to come- Wait! Don't you have an umbrella with you!? You're soaking wet...''

''Terrible day for rain, right?'' I sighed.

''You can't stay like this! Come in now and dry yourself. I'll get you a towel.''

The quints' house still looks the same. The same air of luxury, overpriced items and the scents of perfume mixed together. I learned that all girls use different perfumes when I stayed here with Fuutarou. This may not sound like such a bad thing, but it increases the chance of toxic poisoning for a first-time visitor by 80%.

When I entered the living room, Yotsuba, Miku and Fuutarou were playing a game together on their PS5. Even though Miku and Yotsuba aren't, it's pretty interesting that Fuutarou playing alongside them.

''Yo, everyone.''

''Asuka! Welcome back!'' Miku waved her hand from where she sit. One eye of her was still staring at the screen. ''Ugh! How I miss that combo!?''

''You're too late, Asuka! We should have started the lesson already.''

''Speak for yourself, dimwit. I'm not the one who plays fighting games with girls.''

Fuutarou continues randomly pressing the buttons of game controller in his hand. ''Yotsuba forced me. She said things about how studying on a day like this would blacken my soul, blah, blah.''