Chapter 10 - Trickster (Ⅱ)

Third Person POV:

''R-rooftops?! NO WAY! That's too dangerous!'' 

''Do you want to see your siblings or not? If you're going to be a pussy, you've already failed as their older sister, tch.'' The boy clicked his tongue.

''...! Think logically! How are we going to get through buildings, we don't have any superpowers Kazuma-kun!''

The quintuplets' older sister certainly didn't trust the idea. This was nothing more than a double-edged sword. Which would certainly make it very easy for them to go to this festival area, but on the other hand, it would also bring certain death.

''If it's any consolation, I've used these before plenty of times, and I'm still not dead. Ichika, was it?''

"I-I suppose I don't have much of a choice..."

"The fireworks have already begun. If we take this path, you'll arrive before they end."

As Kazuma stand by the door, he awaited Ichika's decision. Who knows what would have happened to this girl if he hadn't been there at that moment.

''OK! I will!''  A brave decision.

Kazuma let out a light sigh, it's always good for him to let go of indecision. Then he turned around and headed for the stairs inside the building. ''Follow.''

''O-okay...''

Ichika immediately followed the man and entered the empty building. She was being a lot more timid than she normally should have been. 

But the inside of the building they entered looked abandoned. Dust-covered handrails and stairs that crackled with every step they tookl ike a scene out of a horror movie. Spider webs in the corners of the building were making the air absolutely unbearable.

Ichika decided to start a conversation when they made their way up the stairs. Sound is always good in such environments, she thought. This boy was already too quiet.

''Kazuma-kun, You said you've used these roads before, right? Do you know what happened to this building?

''A failed investment. The owners planned to turn this building into a business center, but they went bankrupt for an unknown reason. The building is sealed, it's been locked for about 3 years.'' 

As they walk upwards, the oldness of the building caught Ichika's eye even more. ''I didn't know there was such a building near my workplace...''

''...'' The boy remain silent.

''Aren't you going to ask about me? Hmpf...''

''Do I need to ask?''

''Certainly! With such a beautiful girl by your side, you need to know everything about her!''

''No need. However, there's one thing I'm curious about. You mentioned auditioning; are you going to be an actress?''

''Yes, this has been my dream since childhood... Ironically...I'm running away it right now.''