Chapter 35 - Dandelions

Fuutarou's POV:

''W-w-what are you doing here?!''

''Fuutarou informed me of what happened and requested my assistance. Everything he said rings true to me now I see, butterfly.''

I had to play dirty. Nino had made it clear that she would never listen to me, Asuka, or her sisters. Therefore, I brought the only person whom she was compelled to listen to. Madoka is someone who knows what to do in such situations, after all, she's the one with 16 sibling.

Hope this helps, Nino. For your own good.

Nino stared at me with the angriest face I've ever seen. ''Uesugi... When I see you again, I swear...

''I'm sorry, but you left me no choice. You couldn't see how worried your sisters and others were for you. Including me.'' 

''But I-'' Nino raised her face and looked at Madoka, and her cheeks flushed slightly. ''Shouldn't you be busy?''

Madoka lays her back to the door and crosses her arms. ''I should've been. But Fuutarou called me yesterday, so I've already taken care of all the tasks I need to do today and tomorrow.''

''H-huh?! D-Did you just said you fit 48-hour job into...less then 12 hours?''

''...'' Madoka remain silent. 

"Well, it seems like I'm expected to give you ladies some privacy."

''Uesugi---! Wait...''

''I'm counting on you both.''

Nino's POV:

All I had left was to stare at Madoka on my knees after he left. My eyes focused on that beautiful face with embarrassment. Maybe I'm blushing, maybe it was just something I felt. With Uesugi gone, my mixed feelings for Madoka grew stronger, as did the bitterness that had built up inside me. Why did I always have to be the one who had to make those difficult decisions in life? Why was my heart doomed to such a stupid storm? Ah, how I want to sink into back of my eyelids to find the answers to these questions...

''H-huh...'' As I found myself on my knees and lost in my mind, a hand reaches towards me—gentle, yet strong.  ''Madoka...''

She holds my hand and helps me to stand up. ''Are you going to tell me what happened?''

''I won't.'' I frown. ''I'm just fine without them. If you came here to tell me to go back, you're wasting your time completely.''

''So be it.'' Madoka closes the room door and sat on the bed. ''...''

''You can't force me to te—What?''

''If you don't want to say it, don't. It'll be counterproductive for me to put pressure on you to tell me.'' 

''I-...Then why did Uesugi call you? Wait, more importantly, how the heck he manage to reach you?! It should be impossible for a loser like him to reach you!''

''Fuutarou has my personal phone number. And he didn't call me to persuade you, of that I'm sure. He simply wanted me to tutor you until the finals.''