Chapter 14 - Siren's Song

Itsuki's POV:

Have you ever felt like your heart was going to explode? Emotions that you used to deny are instantly attacking the walls of your heart? Those feelings that soften your heart like cotton candy...

Twice. He came to my room, twice. And each time he found a way to get me out of my dilemma.  He was always there that day at the mall, and during my precious time at the festival. Ichika and Nino are used to dealing with situations like these. All the boys used to crowd around those two at our previous schools because they were always prettiest.

This is the first time I've ever experienced something like.Every time I see those silky blonde hair, those eyes bluer than the sea, every time they look at me, all my time stops.

But I'm not the only one to notice this... Almost all the girls at school have their eyes on him, Yotsuba told me about how he reject all those girls. I want to get close to him but... what if I end up the same? He's downstairs alone right now, this is my only chance to talk to him alone.

''AHH! Mochi, what should I do?''

I lay down on my bed, taking the plush panda on my bed in my arms. ''Normally, I should have been the one to protect this family...Mochi.''

It's true that Nino is biased against men, but she's actually the softest of us... That's why I was taking on her task, but I failed. I told him to wait for me downstairs, but I'm scared. What if what I want doesn't happen, what if I end up like other girls?

''Mmmmm...! Mochi help me out a little.'' I squeezed the plush panda straight to my face and screamed ''AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!''

Uesugi is whatever, I can handle that loser. But Asuka is another matter, I tried. I tried to feel for him the same feelings that I had for Uesugi, but no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't. Didn't I succeed? Or did I just not want to succeed? Whatever the answer is now... I failed to hate him.

''...This panda... smells like him. Soft...and warm. I shouldn't keep him waiting downstairs any longer.'' 

The girls and Uesugi-kun must have slept by now, I got up from my bed and went down. 

He was there and hadn't slept yet. Asuka was staring out the living room window at the city view, something I do on my own. You'll be shocked at how beautiful the night view is from the thirtieth floor.

 You'll be shocked at how beautiful the night view is from the thirtieth floor

Oh my...did God spill an entire bottle of beauty potion or something when he created Asuka?! I mean holy shit, I'm a girl and he is even more beautiful than me!

''Did I keep you waiting too long?'' I said.

''No no, I was just lost in the cityscape.''

''Don't you have such a view in your home?'' I took a few steps and came to Asuka's side, now side by side. I hope my heartbeat isn't too loud or anything...