Chapter 22 - New Beginnings ( Ⅵ )

Asuka's POV:

''D-d-date?!...Itsuki...''

You know, there're those feelings that make your heart beat like crazy when you see a person? Proper thoughts give way to irrational actions, your heart and soul turn you into a completely defenseless idiot. I'm in a worse situation than that right now. That stupid romance visual novels lied to me.

We're looking at each other. We're looking at each other on this huge theater stage, where we are completely alone. The taste of her lips is still in my mouth, this feeling is engraved on my soul to never be forgotten. Just a few seconds ago I confessed all my feelings to her. Everything I keep in my heart. Every speck of emotion that had accumulated in me one by one until this moment.

''Pfft, of course dummy. If you want me to forgive you!~♡''

Now have a girlfriend. I mean, atleast that's what I think. Since I've only known rejection so far...I'm not sure what happens next. It'll be absolutely perfect to go on a date with Itsuki. Just me and her, like real couples do.

Of course, if the situation I am in were normal what I said would be valid. I'm in the lowest position a man can ever be. A broken voice changer collar. An overly-decorated maid dress. This stupid wig. Makeup that almost fucked up because of my tears. And those fake boobs I swear...Okay okay, they're not that bad. To the touch, they're actually like pillows.

''What I wouldn't give to get this collar off...'' I sighed.

''You said it was broken, right? Do you know when it will open?'' My girlfriend. Itsuki Nakano. Approached me with a wide smile on her face. After all the tears we've both just shed, I guess smiling is the best thing to do.

''No idea, Sometime within today I guess. You sure you want to go on a date with me when I am...'' I pointed myself. ''Like this...?''

''Didn't you dress like this to help your class? I think this is admirable behavior...*chu*''

''H-hey...!''

Itsuki kissed my cheek before I could react.

''Also, I already took a picture of you, hehe. I think it fits you Asuka.''

''*sigh* If I weren't so happy right now, I would seriously go into depression.'' I turned my gaze towards Itsuki and smiled. ''Hehe...I love you Itsuki.''

Itsuki's cheeks turn pink, as do mine. If you ask me if I won my gamble, I dunno. I don't give a damn. Then she turned her back to me and walked behind the huge stage curtain.

''I-Itsuki?...''

''I'm gonna get changed. After that, we'll go out to eat. You've been keeping me waiting all week, so I'm going to order extra big, hmpf.'' She pointed her finger towards me.

''A-ahahaha...Of course...''

[ Five Minutes Later ]

I sat in one of the empty seats as Itsuki went to change at backstage. This unnecessary big school stage was completely emptied as the play was over.

''Future, huh...?''

I wonder what the future will be like? A day later, a week later, years later. How will others react when they find out about our relationship? Fuck it... Our relationship is still in danger right now. The ultimatum Nakano-san gave us is still upon us like a demon.

If the quints somehow fail their midterm exams, my relationship with Itsuki will break records as the most unsuccessful and fucked up relationship in history. Exams supposed to be announced in the afternoon. Fuutarou must have already texted the girls, we'll meet at the library in the afternoon to see everything.