Chapter 29

Chapter 29

Morgan's POV:

"I don't understand why I have to go!" I slam the cabinet shut, turning to face Christian across from me.

He has his hands placed onto the island, his mouth formed into a scowl. I can tell he's run out of patience.

"She's your mother, and she's sick. You're visiting her end of story." He says sternly.

"You can't force me to. I'm an adult, I get to make my own choices." I step closer, arching a eyebrow when he lets out a humorless laugh.

"If you're such an adult, why don't you go find your own house to live in? You've been staying in this house long enough, doing god knows what as a living and you haven't even earned any type of diploma yet." He spat, looking at me on disgust.

I was speechless.

"You wanna go ahead and blame your mother for being sick? Fine. But at least take a look in the mirror before you judge other people who at least try."

"Dad." Mason's voice diverts our attention away from each other.

I can see the tears blocking my vision, my mouth forming into a small pout.

He was right. I didn't put any effort into finishing high school, but I did set aside about $10,000.00 from fighting. I made sure it was enough to at least get me an apartment.

But other than that, I was going nowhere in life. I could understand where he was coming from, the frustration he had with me not making a change in my life.

I sighed, having enough. "Fine, I'll just leave. If that's what you really want." I muttered, gliding past him as I ran up the stairs.

My eyes stung with tears spilling down my cheeks. I felt my face heat up, my hands flying towards my face. I barged my room door open and grabbed a large duffel bag.

"Morgan." Mason said breathlessly. He stood in my doorway, his bushy eyebrows raised.

"Mason, I"m sorry." My voice breaks as my shoulder shake from sobbing. I felt snot from my nose begin to reach my mouth, and I wiped it immediately with the sleeve of my shirt. I grabbed a bunch of clothes from my closet, stuffing it into my duffel bag.

"No, Morgan. It's okay, just stop." I could tell he was starting to panic, with his arms held up at an attempt to stop me.

"I can't." I whimpered, still crying. Once I filled my duffel bag up, I started on my suitcase. I filled it with the rest of my clothes, undergarments and toiletries.

"Morgan.." His voice broke.

I turned to him, biting my lip nervously. I quickly walked over to him, throwing my arms around him. He returned the gesture by latching onto me, his fingers digging into my jacket.

"I'm so sorry." I whispered into his ear, sniffing as a tear threatened to land on his shoulder.

I grabbed my duffel bag, and held onto my suitcase tightly. Christian didn't have access to my bank account, so I wasn't worried about stopping by the bank to clear it out.

"Are you ever coming back?" Mason trails behind me.

He helps me with my suitcase and carefully lifts it up as we head down the stairs. I turn to him, shrugging.

"That's not up to me." I say quietly, giving Christian a side glance.

His eyes wander the room before he locks eyes with me again. "Where will you go?"

"I'll figure it out." I wipe my wet cheeks, pulling Mason into a tight, long hug.

Whispering into my ear he tells me, "Be safe."

I nod my head, taking my suitcase from his fingertips. I don't acknowledge Christian when I leave, and ignore his longing stare.

Once I shut the door behind me, I can feel my chest grow heavy of guilt. I had already failed Mason once, and now I was leaving him.

I knew I couldn't blame myself but I did. I was selfish.

But all I could do now is keep going.