Chapter 11

Chapter 11

Morgan's POV
My hand shook as I balanced the food on my fork, and shoved it in my mouth. I had barely eaten my dinner.

Fiona was up in her room, resting, while Christian was down here eating dinner with us. He was beyond furious after the incident that took place here today, and everytime he looked at me, it was a look of shame and disgust.

Fiona cried her eyes out when she had saw Mason in the front porch, alive and well. She apologized many times for scaring him when she was holding the gun in her hands.

Christian shouted at me for even having a gun in my room, and I was grounded for a month, but it's not like it matters since I'm 20. It's actually sad that they're trying to 'be a better family now' and 'patch things up'.

Mason was really starting to believe them, but I had just convinced him they were lying to us. I didn't want him to fall for their tricks.

Again.

"Dad-"

"Don't talk with your mouth full, people are trying to eat here." He said, keeping his eyes on his plate, his jaw clenched and nostrils flared.

I frowned at him, putting my hand over Masons, "Just because you're angry doesn't mean you get to take it out on Mason. Stop being a jerk."

He looked up from his plate and I almost flinched when I saw the burning rage in his eyes. He was too angry for no reason.

All I did was have a gun in my room. I've done worse.

"I don't think I was talking to you." He leaned back on his chair.

"Well you-"

"How about you be a good girl and continue to eat." He rolled his eyes.

"What's your problem?!" I banged my fist against the table, stomping my foot.

"Oh," He chuckled, "You wanna know what my problem is?!"

I stayed silent, waiting for his answer as Mason warily glanced at both of us from time to time.

"I'm sick and tired of dealing with your bullshit everyday! All you do is get in trouble and come back acting like nothing happened. You don't even go to school anymore, and you're too busy fighting people and going in and out of the police station because you have nothing better to do. Do you have any respect for your family, anyone?"

I gritted my teeth, looking away from him as tears threatened to fall from my eyes.

Get it together, M.

"Do you have any respect for yourself?" He asked softly this time, sadness in his eyes.

I felt myself get hotter and hotter and I couldn't hold it in anymore.

I choked out a sob, squeezing my eyes shut and quickly grabbing my jacket from the back of my chair and storming out of the house.

"Morgan. Morgan!" Mason shouted.

"Let her go." Christian sighed, sitting back down in his chair.

I slammed the door shut, my shoulders moving up and down as I cried. I covered my face, falling down to my knees as I prayed and prayed that this would soon be over.

After a long time of crying, I got up from my position and raced down the stairs, away from that horrid hellhole.

*****
I stood in front of the one place I thought I'd never be at again.

The abandoned warehouse.

This was where I had last fought Kathryn.

The girl who beat me at everything.

God, I hated that bitch so much. If only I could fight her again.

I slowly opened the door, hearing nothing but silence.

"Hello?" I called out to no one in particular.

I blew a breath, turning around to leave just when the lights switched on.

"Tim?" I smiled.

He engulfed me with a hug, rubbing my back, "I missed you, kid."

I saw my old instructors, mentors and everyone who was apart of this fighting club.

I spotted Kathryn and I felt my smile fade into a scowl.

"Morgan." She plastered a fake smile on her face, striding towards me with her hair in box braids.

"It's nice to see you, Kathryn." I said with a blank expression on.

"Yeah, me too knowing that I kicked her ass last time." She smirked.

Some people winced, and some whistled at her smart little remark.

"Oh, do you wanna go again?" I marched to her, but Tim blocked me from walking any further.

"Morgan. Not this again." He shook his head, giving me a warning look.

"No no, let her go. Let see if big bad Morgan Green has the balls to go against to me again." She crossed her arms.

"Well fuck you! I'm ready for anything. I'll kick your ugly ass to the ground any day!" I shouted, getting riled up and I could feel my heartbeat pounding faster and faster by the minute.

"Oh yeah? I'd like to see you try." She said, a smug grin on her face.

I'll knock that right off her dirty little-

"You sure about this?" Tim asked warily.

"Yes, I'm ready to whoop her ass!" The crowd cheered, whipping their phones out.

I'm going to fucking die.