Chapter 25

Chapter 25

Morgan's POV

Didi quickly pats me down before ushering me inside the women's locker room. She points to the showers and says quietly, "You can take a shower in there. There's a white towel and some clothes for you when you're done."

I nod, lazily waving goodbye. Cassie and Lola were picked up by their roommates an hour ago, leaving me behind.

After stripping my clothes, just let my hair out and turn on the water. Hot water hits my small figure, all the stress and anxiety washing away.

I smile to myself, my soft hands rubbing my wet body as the lathered soap covers me. After rinsing my body I take the small tiny bottle of shampoo and pour it all over my head.

My skinny fingers seep into my thick layers of hair, the nails gently massaging my scalp. Turning the water back on, I comb my fingers through my dark brown hair, sighing in content as I watch the shampoo run down my body and into the drain.

I hear a rhythm of soft knocks coming from the door, so I turn the clear, rusty shower faucet off. The steam of the hot water had now cleared up, the cold air suddenly hitting my naked wet body causing me to shiver, wrapping my arms around my body.

"Who's in there?" I hear muffled voice call out.

"Uhm..Morgan!" My regular hoarse voice yelled back.

I didn't hear a response, so I walked over to the small bench, wrapping my towel around my body, letting out a sigh of the when the soft material smoothly runs over my body.

I slip on a pair of grey sweatpants, white tanktop and a thin sweater. The clothes didn't seem to warm me up enough since my nipples were extremely hard, and I was still shivering. But it was probably due to the fact that I had no undergarments underneath.

"Hey." Didi knocks, opening the door slowly. "Someone's here to pick you up." She widens the door as I walk under her skinny arm above my head.

I frown to myself, eager to see who had come to pick me up. Fiona was most likely at home doing things around the house, since she didn't go outside at all since her return. Christian hates me so I doubt he would drive all the way here. And Mason can't drive.

After running out of ideas who could possibly be, I reach the end of the hallway and feel my frown form into a large grin. "Tim!"

The man quickly turns around at the sound of my voice, his face lighting up at the sight of me jogging over to him. With his arms outstretched, I leap into him, wrapping my arms around his wide torso.

"Morgan," He chuckles. "I figured you were here." He hugs me back, pulling me into his warm embrace and tightly holding me in his arms. "I was worried, a lot."

I pull away, shaking my head. "Don't worry about me, I'm fine." I place my hands into the pocket of the sweater, my left arm hanging loose beside me.

"You know I can't help it, you're always getting into trouble. What'd you get arrested for this time?" He chuckles.

"Vandalism." I scratch my nose. Rubbing his forehead, he wraps his long arm around me and we head towards the main doors.

"Ahem."

Ughhhh.

I turn my head with my tongue over my teeth, my eyes glaring at Detective Carson in front of me. Tim raises his eyebrows waiting for him to speak.

"Who exactly, are you?" He shuts his mouth tightly, his arms crossed and flexed to try and intimidate Tim.

"Uh..I'm..her coach." Tim side eyes me, staring at me to help him out.

"My-"

"I'm not stupid." He snaps. Sighing, he rolls his eyes and let's his arms fall.

Shit.

His hard stare warms up quickly, going back to his usual cold look. "You can go."

I send him a tight smile and walk in front of Tim who searches for his car keys in the pockets of his grey pants.

Once we're in the car and reaches behind him in the backseat, grabbing his briefcase. He places it in his lap before turning to me. "Morg,"

My eyebrows dip slightly. "..Yeah?"

"I..uh. I don't know how to tell you this, 'cause I don't know how you're going to react." He warily opens the briefcase and pulls out a passport.

I frown, looking back at him. I straightened my back and place my shaky hands in my lap. "Tim?"

"My..my wife called."

Of course.

"My son, he's sick. He has a brain herniation-"

"A what?" I ask softly.

A light smile appears on his face. "A brain tumor. He needs surgery but he won't get it unless I'm there."

I already know where this is going.

"So..you're leaving?" I ask quietly, my leg shaking.

"Yes." He nods, looking away in guilt. "I leave tomorrow morning."

"For how long? Just until he recovers, right?" I ask him hopefully.

He closes his mouth and looks down, slowly looking back at me. He rubs his mouth, shaking his head and looking straight ahead.

I inhale, "You're not coming back, are you?"

"Morgan, my wife she-"

I hold my hand up. "You don't have to explain, I shouldn't ask you to choose between me or your family."

He snaps his head towards me. "Hey, you're like a daughter to me, you are my family."

I sigh, looking down at my lap. "I'm just a burden to you, and you know that."

"Stop. I would take you in if I could, I would take you both in if I could but-"

"But it's too much." He exhales deeply, keeping his eyes on me. I nod, turning to him. "Go take care of your family. Be there for your son."

The drive back to my house was silent. He'd occasionally glances my way to check up on me, but I was looking out the window the entire time.

He pulls up to my house, the living room light still on. I don't get out right away, instead I turn to him.

I open my mouth, my stomach churning. My voice breaks, "I'm gonna miss you, Tim."

He wraps his arms around me, holding me tightly. I sniff, my tear accidentally getting his neck wet. I pull away from him, my mouth still formed into a small pout.

He wipes the tears away, holding my face. "I'm gonna miss you a lot too, Morg. And I hope when I'm gone, you can..get better. Go back to school, get out of these dangerous parts."

"Tim I-"

"Can you promise me that?" He raises his slightly gray eyebrows.

I nod, reaching in for one more hug. "I promise." I smile, waving at him when I leave the car. He grins, waving back at me.

I back up, standing in front of my stairs as I watch his black car drive into the deserted road. I sigh, clenching my fists.

Fuck, I'm gonna miss that man.

I quickly hop into the house when I see its starting to rain. I glance at the clock to my side, 10:02 PM.

"I was gone for that long?" I ask myself softly.

"Yes, you were." Mason aggressively turns the hallway light on, with his face red. His arm was in a blue cast.

"Where's Fiona and Christian?" I suspected them to be the ones confronting me tonight.

"Fiona..she's at the institution." He shifts uncomfortably.

"Uh why?"

"Cause she tried to kill me."