Chapter 14

Chapter 14

Morgan's POV

My shoulder started to ache again but I had to do everything in my power to keep myself from showing any pain. Every now and then I'd wince, and I'd have to slowly move my arm.

Detective Carson slowly opened the door and gently pushed me inside.

I hesitantly sat down in front of him. I kept my legs close together and placed my palms on the table.

He didn't need to look up to know who I was. "You're actually here. I never thought I'd see you again, Jenna."

My lips parted as gazed at his emerald green eyes. "Y-Yeah."

His eyes zeroed in on my chest, dragging his tongue across his bottom lip. "Mmhmm."

"Why did you want to see me?" I asked, crossing my legs.

"I was told--as messenger," He he pointed to himself with his left hand, since his right was handcuffed to the table. "That you need to watch your back."

I did a double take, scoffing at him. "Watch my back? You're going to prison. You're most likely to get your ass handed to you."

"Hey, they weren't my words." He leans in, his face a few inches away from mine. "Snitches get stitches."

I tried to hide any type of fear in my face but I couldn't control it.

His eyes dart to my lips and he chuckles. "I wish we could finish what we started."

"What?" I asked in confusion.

I don't remember....Nevermind.

"Oh how cute." He smiles, shaking his head. "My innocent little bunny..." His finger under my chin.

Excuse me?

"I'm not your-"

"Cut that shit out." Detective Carson growls behind me.

"Okay I'm leaving." The chair scrapes against the rough floor as I quickly head for the exit.

"Green, wait-"

"I-I want you to take me home." I frown, my hands shaking rapidly.

"Why? Can't you just-"

"Take. Me. Home." I breathe through my nose. "Now, please?"

He raises his eyebrows for a quick moment and nods his head, fishing his keys out of his pocket.

"You OK?"

I shook my head and crossed my arms, looking away. "I just want to go home."

"Okay. That's fine." He grabbed his keys and J followed him out to the parking lot.