Chapter 21

Chapter 21

Morgan's POV

*Crunch*

I shove a cracker into my mouth, chewing aggressively as I open the door to the police station. "Goodmorning, Beatrice."

"What trouble have you gotten into, again?" She sighs, rolling her tired eyes.

"No trouble at all. I'm on a roll." I jokingly smile, watching the irritation grow on her face.

"Not for long." Slamming her office door in my face, she covers the window with her blinds and takes a seat at her desk.

Ha.

I make my way into the main entrance and search for Detective Carson. The A.C hits my thighs and the cold air shoots up my skirt. I flinch, feeling the air hit my lady parts and try to discreetly fix my thin cotton underwear.

There's no way I can discreetly fix that.

I spot the yellow mug on Didi's desk and take a seat on the side. I whistle, and put the plastic bag on the table.

"Morgan."

I turn around and meet her warm hazel eyes along with the gentle smile on her face. "Goodmorning."

"Goodmorning...where's Detective Carson?" I tilt my head biting into one of my crackers.

"Hospital." She sighs, plopping into her seat and taking a sip of her coffee.

"Doing what?" I frown.

She stops midway and slowly places her mug on the side of her desk. "Lacey...she started freaking out. All I know is that she had a large amount of drugs in her system."

"Is she ok? She's not dead is she?!" I quickly ask, sitting up in my seat.

"No, she's not dead. She's all cleaned up and mostly healthy at the hospital." She reassures me.

"Mostly?"

"She's in shock, Morgan. She won't eat." She sighs, picking up her mug and leaving her desk.

Dammit.

Now I feel so fucking bad. She didn't even get time to mourn her brother's death. I didn't even give my condolences even thought I wasn't aware of his death at the time. She hasn't seen her family in a long time, imagine how scared she is.

Imagine how scared she was.

All alone.

Praying thought she'd never see daylight again.

I look up at Didi who makes her way down the hallway towards the closet. I get up and follow her.

"Didi?" I call out her name softly.

"Yes?" I arches a brow.

"Can I..visit her?" I fiddle with my fingers in front of my chest.

"But you're not family." She tilts her head, placing her hands on her hips.

"But I'm sure her mother would let me see her, I know she would! Please!" I practically beg, stepping closer to her.

"I don't know.." She frowns.

"Please Didiiii?"

"Fine."

***

"Name?" The lady at the front desk smiles at me.

"Nicholson, Lacey." I place my hands on the counter, standing on my tipppy-toes. "My name is Morgan Green."

Her smile fades as she eyes the computer. "Green?"