Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Morgan's POV

My pained back collided with the concrete floor, causing me to let out a sharp wince. I blacked out for a second, raising my hand up to my head.

My legs burned and my arms ached in pain from fighting Kathryn.

I slowly opened my eyes, and the faint sound of people cheering became louder, and I soon sobered up from my hard fall.

"Is that all you got Green?! Can't take it anymore?!" She teased, jumping in place.

"Y-You..shut up." I gritted, rising up from the ground.

"You'll never defeat me." She smirked, and threw a final punch straight to my nose, knocking me onto the ground.

I landed face first, not daring to get up knowing that if I'd move, I would for sure lose my balance since I was completely exhausted.

"Ladies and Gentlemen," She shouted, gathering up everyone's attention as I suffered on the ground, "This is a representation of a Winner," She pointed to herself, that stupid smirk on her face, "And a loser." She sang.

They all started to laugh at me, whispering and pointing at me.

She bent down, whispering in my ear, "I'm going to say this once, so listen closely Green. You're a failure, and you will always be a failure. Stop trying to prove to me that you're as tough as you say you are, because you aren't. I'm tired of your bullshit, and I'm tired of having to whoop your ass everytime. Just do yourself a favor--stop embarrassing yourself--and quit. It's for the best. Oh, and if you come back for more, I suggest you bring a paramedic or else I'll actually hurt you."

No one thought to help while I layed there, barely conscious.

"Tim?" I croaked.

He rushed to my side, supporting my back, "I'm so sorry I didn't get to you before. I was busy. My God, are you OK?"

"Just...get me away from here." I whimpered, hugging myself tightly.

"Of course." He scooped me up into his arms, carrying me in one arm and hurrying inside to grab my clothes.

He carefully placed me inside of his car, peeling off his jacket and covering my cold body. "Stay warm."

He put on the heat while we were driving so I wouldn't freeze in the back.

Once we were at his house, he carefully got me out and inside of his bedroom.

I layed on my stomach, groaning in pain when my knee hadn't successfully hit the bed like the rest of my body, and slammed itself onto the sharp corner of the nightstand.

"You OK?" Tim asked in worry.

"Y-Yeah..I just need something to drink, thanks." I whispered, slowly turning on my back.

He quickly removed my shoes and pulled a warm blanket over me, pulling my hair back so my sweaty neck would cool off.

He gave me a warm smile and said, "I'll be back with your hot cocoa." He gently shut the door, leaving me to rest.

Tim was always so kind to me. He taught me how to stand up for myself, and told me that 'Sometimes you will get your ass handed to you, but that doesn't mean you aren't strong.'

That's part of the reason why I'm the person I am today. Tim was in his late 40s, with a Wife and 5 kids who were across the country.

No, he wasn't divorced he was just...'On a road trip with his brothers.'