Chapter 41

Chapter 41

Morgan's POV

"Well why the fuck would you do that?" Mason says in a pointed tone, harshly poking my shoulder with his finger.

I scoffed and gently placed my mug full of hot chocolate onto the table, a small snarl making its way onto my face. Mason and I were catching up at a small diner near Asher's condo, and I brought up the conversation we had at dinner a few nights ago.

"Mason, I'm not ready!" I practically whine.

He looks around the room in annoyance and shakes his head. "But he's willing to wait for you, shouldn't that say enough? I know you're still dealing with the aftermaths of mom and dad, but you have him, a financially stable man, with a stable life, welcoming you with open arms and a whole lot to offer."

"It's not that easy," I mutter, running a hand through my hair in frustration. I look down into my half drunken cup.

"Why?"

"Because," I look up at him and tuck a strand of hair behind my ear. "Dad never treated you like shit. He never yelled at you and put you down for simply existing. He called me worthless at my lowest, and excused moms behavior because of her disorder. He refused to get her help until she almost killed me."

I rubbed my face with both hands, slowly shaking my head as I continued. "Dealing with it all at such a young age really fucked me up. I've learned to be independent and to expect to be disappointed so much, that I don't know how to deal with Asher's feelings towards me. Along with.."

I swallow the lump in my throat and look outside the window. "Ronnie dying. I'm still trying to come to terms with everything and deal."

Mason leans forward and places his hand right over mine, squeezing it to comfort me. "I get it now. I'm sorry, Morgan."

I squeeze his hand in return and blink the stinging tears away.

"Definitely take your time. I just want you to be happy, you know? After everything..of course."

I overlap his other hand with mine, giving him a quick kiss on the cheek. His smile brightens and he suddenly throws his arms around me.

"Thank you." I whisper into his ear, squeezing my eyes shut.

***
Asher's POV

It's been a total of three weeks since Morgan and I had dinner and talked about where we both stood in each others lives. I kept my distance and made sure not to flirt or touch her. But that didn't stop me from staring. I could tell she was a little disappointed by that, but I didn't want any of my actions to affect her decision when it came to whether or not she wanted to be with me.

We were currently at a banquet for my little brother, Blake, in a different city. 'We' as in Morgan and I. She wanted to tag along and show some support, and she also missed Didi and was off with her somewhere tonight. No matter how important this thing was for Blake, my mind was still on her 24/7.

She looked incredible, wearing a long, strapless, dark red dress and matching lipstick to with it. Her heels didn't fit her at all. I mean they fit her feet, but they didn't fit her. But who was I to tell her what she should wear? She looked great nonetheless.

My breath hitched once I saw her walk down the stairs of my condo. She seemed somewhat nervous to come down the stairs, tucking a strand of her curled hair behind her ear. This was unlike her.

The entire banquet I spent my time in the corner, sipping on my glass of champagne and watching her. This felt insanely creepy, so I turned away before she saw me. Unfortunately, it was too late.

Her smile eased as we locked eyes. They slightly widened in surprise, but then she continued to stare back. Something inside me grew hungry, desperate for her touch. But I had to restrain myself. I had to give her time.

She rose from her seat and excused herself to Didi, striding past me all while we stared into each others eyes.

Her scent was like heaven itself once she pushed through the doors behind me. I couldn't just let her leave. I placed my champagne down onto a random table, and hurried through crowds of people.

I exited the main room, seeing her turn the corner last minute. My pace quickened and the sounds of my dress shoes echoed throughout the empty hallway.

Once I turn into the next hallway, I notice a room to my far left with its door wide open. The only other potential rooms are the bathrooms, so I take a guess and enter the room to my left.

Morgan stands in the corner, backed up against an office desk. We seem to be in a small office room, and I get claustrophobic just staring at her. She makes me hot.

We don't say anything and just stare each other as I slowly close the door behind me. I take a step forward, and she doesn't move. I arch an eyebrow.

Her arms are pressed onto the desk and behind her back so that her chest is pointed forward, her collarbones finally on display. It pumps up and down as she pants heavily, staring at me with her big eyes.

I take another step forward, nothing. Another, and I can see the excitement building up inside her. 2 more and she's basically asking me to come closer.

I'm just inches away from her face, her hot breath hitting mine. My hands involuntarily move forward, but I stop them. I can't touch her, but I want to. My finger tips graze her arms, and my lips barely touch the side of her jawline. Her breath is shaky and it drives me insane. I want her, badly.

Her eyes squeeze shit when I whisper her name, moving my face so it's aligned with hers. Her perfect lips coated in red lipstick, parting slightly. Her hair flows onto the desk, the moonlight hitting her shiny dark brown strands perfectly.

"What..do you want?" I whisper inside her ear, waiting for the answer I really want.

"I.." Her breathing gets heavier, almost as if she's struggling to breathes "I don't know."

I internally curse myself for pushing her like this. She's still not ready, and that's fine. I just wish I hadn't asked her like this.

I sigh, squeezing my eyes shut and turn away to leave. But when I do, her hand wraps around my wrist and pulls me back, causing my body to turn back to her. Her chest is up against mine as her hands make their way up to the sides of face.

I open my mouth to speak to her, but I get interrupted by her soft lips overlapping mine so roughly. I grunt in response, surprised by her sudden action but immediately wrap my arms around her waist, desperate for her her taste.

Everything about this moment is perfect as I'm pressed against her body, slowly laying her down onto the desk. She moans softly and pulls away from me, her eyes fluttering shut just as I begin to kiss her neck.

Her legs get in the way of me overpowering her, so she spreads them, gently folding them onto my lower back. Her dress rises and she takes my hand, slowly and seductively dragging it up her thigh until her entire leg is exposed.

The action itself causes my hardness to twitch inside my pants. I give her gentle kisses, caressing her jawline with the tips of my fingers as I admire her beauty.

The only sounds that are able to be detected are our heavy breaths as we try not to ravish one another, until she speaks.

"Give me what I want..." She says in a voice barely above whisper.

I lean in, my hold on her waist tightening once I do.

"What do you want?"

"You."