Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Morgan's POV
I hopped off the bus, and carelessly walked the sidewalks with the strap of my heels hanging from my fingertips.

My shoulder was starting to hurt again, and I needed to hurry home to replace the bandage before I started to bleed out again.

I strolled around the neighborhood before ending up at my house and hearing a glass shatter. "What the hell?!"

I hurriedly walked into the kitchen and saw Mason with an angry scowl plastered onto his face as he glared at Christian, who sat at the dinner table with a calm expression.

"What's going on?"

Mason's head snapped up in my direction and he ran over to me, hugging me tightly. "Morgan.." He whimpered.

I narrowed my eyes at Christian, "What's going on?" I frowned once I heard a sob escape from Mason's mouth.

"Morgan...." He sighed, rubbing his forehead. "She's back."

Of course not. She better not...

"What do you mean, she's back?" I said in a shaky voice, hoping he didn't mean what I thought he did.

"Your mother, she's back in town. She's well now, and says she wants to be a family again."

"We will never be a family again after what she did!" I yelled, gently pushing Mason away as tears welled up in my eyes, "She is a monster, and she will not be allowed in this house EVER AGAIN!"

"Morgan--"

"SHE'S A MONSTER!" I cried silently as Mason comforted me by the couch.

"I know, we can't do anything about it." He sighed getting up. "Tomorrow, she comes. Sleep well, because after Today, you won't be able to." And with that, he headed to his room, slamming the door.

"I don't want her back either, trust me. But we have to stick together, like old times; 'No matter what happens--if we die, we die together'."

I chuckled, pulling away from him. "Like old times."

******
"Morgan wake up!" A voice whispered into my ear, pulling at the fabric of my shirt.

I opened my eyes to see Mason's face filled with fear and worry, tears threatening to spill. "Mason? What's wrong?" I asked, caressing his cheek.

"She's on her way here. Dad went to pick her up."

I pulled the covers away and hugged Mason tightly before it was too late. "I love you so much, Mason. I love you, don't ever forget that."

I pulled away, "And if that bitch says otherwise, she's lying."

He looked up at me, nodding his head slowly. He rested his head on my shoulder, Holding my arm. "She isn't gonna hit us this time, right?"

I couldn't answer that. Because I don't know.

I always had this feeling that the beatings were intentional, she would always attack me with a knife, or sometimes a razor.

"No, I promise."

He sighed, walking up to the door. "Don't promise anything, sooner or later that promise is gonna be broken." He closed the door, not before kissing me on the head.

I got ready, wearing a black Tshirt with holes in it, and black high-waisted jeans. I put my hair in a high ponytail--but it only fell to the top of my neck since my hair was short--applying black eyeliner and mascara.