Chapter 40

Chapter 40

Asher's POV

I'm a mess. A jittery, stuttering, clumsy mess. I've been dropping papers left and right, zoning out during the day, and I could barely form a proper sentence.

"You alright?" Didi asks softly, leaning to her left side so that I can hear her properly.

I run both hands over my face with my elbows propped onto my desk. I look up at her blankly, eventually shaking my head. "I'm not myself today."

"Yeah I can see that." She chuckles wholeheartedly. She takes a seat at her desk right across from mine, watching me closely.

"What's up, buttercup?"

I chuckle, pinching the bridge of my nose playfully. I stare at her, thinking of Morgan's sweet lips coming in contact with mine. Her hot breath against my face, lingering onto my neck drove me crazy.

I was surprised when she kissed me, no doubt. But I loved every single second of it. I wanted more. I couldn't get her off my mind.

"Good lord, Asher. You're in love."

"What?" I snap, narrowing my eyes. I like Morgan, a lot, I really do. But love? That's a pretty strong word to use.

"You are lost in the bright, deep, and dangerous fields of love." She shrugs her defined shoulders, placing her chin above her folded hands.

I scoff and lean back into my chair with a look of disbelief on my face. "That's not-"

"It's written all over your face, you ass." She snickers, looking away from me.

"Didi, I'm not in love!" I throw my arms to the side, looking around at no one for validation.

She arches an eyebrow at me, peering over her thick rimmed glasses. "Mmm."

"Okay. Maybe I've caught feelings for a certain someone, and can't stop thinking about them." I stare into the distance just above her shoulder, zoning out completely.

"And maybe, just maybe I want more than just a friendship with them. I'd like to build a life with them in my home, and build a relationship that could potentially change my life." I say it all so quickly in a breathless voice, ignoring Didi's wonderstruck stare.

"Damn." She hisses and shakes her head with her hand covering her mouth.

I pull away from daydreaming and turn to her defensively. "W-What?"

"Who is it?"

"..." I squint my eyes into slits, looking her up and down in suspicion.

"Who are you soo in love with?"

"N-No one." I look around, scoffing in embarrassment. I look down into my desk, focusing on my paperwork just as Didi erupts into a small fit of laughter.

**
I cautiously stepped foot into my condo, taking note of the dim lights throughout the first floor of the house. I could hear Morgan's frantic footsteps just above me, which indicates that she's currently in my room.

I chuckle, throwing my briefcase onto the couch right next to me. I make my way up the stairs, and turn the corner in the direction of my room. I feel a surge of excitement creep up inside my body, causing my pace to quicken.

I peer into my bedroom through the small crack of the doorway, watching as her brown hair sways behind her back, hurrying around my room.

I widen the door with my palm and force down a smirk when I see her jump in surprise. She turns around to face me, her eyebrows raised and her eyes wide.