Bonus Chapter

Bonus Chapter

Morgan's POV

I'm either hyperventilating, wheezing, or having short of breath. It has to be one of the three, because I cannot have cold feet. Not right now, not ever. Well, especially not right now, because in approximately 10 minutes, I'll be walking down the isle in this tight wedding dress that I've only wore once prior to this moment, and I haven't even mastered walking in yet.

"Breathe, Morgan." Lola says, appearing from my behind in the mirror. She adjusts the veil on my head, as Cassie wanders in to comfort me as well.

"I'm trying." I whimper, holding the sides of my dress tightly.

"Try harder, you look like you just ate a warhead." Cassie rubs my shoulders as I cry out frustration, Lola roughly pushing her to the side to come to my aide.

"Look at yourself, Morgan." Her cool voice switches into a softer one, staring at me through the mirror.

"I'm looking." I whisper.

"10 years ago you began street fighting and nearly ended up in prison. Now you're soon to be married to a piping hot detective who just happens to be loaded. Not to mention he's head over heels for you."

"Right." I nod, a nervous smile making its way onto my face.

"You paved the way for yourself, Morg. You deserve this. You deserve him. Don't ruin that all over some stage fright." She places a quick kiss on my cheek, slapping my ass just as her and Cassie leave.

I want to kick my shoes off and begin running, but I can already hear the pianist start to play.

Here goes nothing.

It feels like a total year passes once I walk down the isle, noticing all the faces of Asher's close friends, family, and co-workers he's worked alongside for years. Lola and Cassie smile down at me with their flowers in hand, and then I finally meet his teary eyes.

He can barely hold himself together, continuously wiping a tear or two as I finally stand in front of him.

"You look beautiful." He says breathlessly.

"Thank you." I chuckle, biting my lip nervously. "I love you."

He smiles softly, holding himself back from taking a step forward. "I love you."

We're too busy staring down into each others eyes to perfectly repeat the words of the priest. Once our wedding vows are done, I can't wait for him to take my face in his hands and finally kiss me after not seeing me for 24 hours.

I feel like a teenage girl again, like having my first kiss with a boy I've liked since elementary school. I can smell hints of his cologne that he has sprayed right over his neckline. I forget we're standing in front of family, so I have to try not to pounce on him just yet.

The wedding reception was just as eventful, spending the night dancing with my husband and finally enduring the happiness that 17 year old Morgan Green ever sought to achieve.