Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Morgan's POV

"Ohhhhh shit." Mason groaned, rising up the blanket covered in popcorn. "I'm late for school."

"Wait, want me to drop you off?" I asked pulling up my tank top. I looked down at Mason who was busy wiping off popcorn crumbs.

"Uh no, I have a friend coming to pick me up. Have a great day!" He left the room in a rush.

I sighed, tying my hair up in a ponytail and began to clean up the mess on my bedroom floor.

Once I finished, I was about to go shower when I heard Fiona calling my name downstairs.

I put on my fluffy blue slippers and head downstairs. I felt myself getting goosebumps on my bare arms and legs since I was only wearing a tank top and very short pajama shorts.

I walked through the kitchen where Christian was, and ignored him, and through the hallway that led to the living room which was near the front door.

"What?" I snapped.

She ignored my attitude and pointed to the hallway, "Someone's at the door for you. And...Good morning." She hesitantly gave me a smile, waving softly at me.

Don't fall for it.

I stared at her, blinking my eyes numerous times before turning away. "It is not a good morning." I say to myself.

I swing the door open, "Hel-"

I instantly froze in my spot--especially since it was freezing cold outside--and my eyes wide in shock.

His blue eyes just stared at me in boredom, folding his arms and tilting his head.

"Detective..Carson." I finally move, crossing my arms over my chest since I had no bra on.

"Green." He nodded, finally taking in my appearance. His eyes wandered all over the place, before meeting my eyes again.

I quickly moved my gaze elsewhere, swallowing nervously.

"I thought you and I wouldn't be seeing each other again." I licked my lips, my fingers tracing my neck, the exact spot where his fingers were.

He didn't respond and just stared at me. I can tell he had just woken up, with his drowsy eyes staring deep into my soul. His lips looked so smooth, his tongue darting out to wet them once again.

I frown, looking away from him. "If all you came to do was stare, then you can just leave." I backed up, making a move to close the door, but he stopped it from closing with his hand.

He was now towering over me, inches away from my face. His arm just above my head as I stared at him in shock, waiting for his next move.

I didn't utter a word, my teeth clattering from the temperature.

I blinked, looking down and back at him, "Please, it's cold and I-"

"I was just checking on you. And your family."

He raised his eyebrows, slowly putting his arm down. He took a small step back, his gaze shifting from my face to my body once again.

"I forgot," He shook his head, rubbing his eye, "Hyde won't speak to us unless he sees you."

"W-What?"

"Just grab a coat and come with me, I'll explain everything on the way there." He hurried down the stairs, digging his pockets for the keys.

"O-Oh." I turned around to see Fiona walking towards me with a plate of pancakes and a bottle of syrup in her hand.

"I made these for you, hot and ready." She smiled, her skinny figure stopped in front me.