Chapter 33

Chapter 33

Asher's POV

I can't think correctly. I can't fucking think. I didn't know a person could be so distracting. I feel the need to pull over almost immediately. The image of her eyes and the way she stared at me never left my mind. I could barely walk out the front door in a straight line.

Over the few days she has been staying here, I've caught her folding laundry, reading, and cleaning so gracefully. She's genuinely a beautiful girl, but there's just something about her that drives me insane.

Even now when I'm driving, she distracts me. With her medium length dark brown hair, tan skin and captivating brown eyes. When I close my eyes I can smell her warm and welcoming scent that I get a good whiff of whenever she passes me.

It's like we've been living together forever, and for some reason I don't want that to change. I don't want her to leave. I want her to stay. I want her.

At the station I caught myself staring into the distance multiple times, thinking of her. I got a nagging feeling in my stomach whenever I tried to snap myself out of it. Even when her dad stopped by, asking for her, I shut him down completely, because I felt like I owed it to her.

"Is my daughter here?" He asked, his eyes wandering the station. I wanted to physically pick him up and throw him out for having the absolute audacity.

"Morgan? No. She's not." I was surprised at my cold tone, although it seemed like an appropriate way to respond to him.

"Well whe-"

I hold my hand up to his face, and I can feel my facial features grimace in annoyance. I wasn't all that well at masking my emotions.

"With all due respect, Mr. Green, wherever Morgan has gone is none of your business." I pressed my hands tightly onto the piles of folders that sit on my desk.

He angles his head a bit to the side, slowly looking me up and down. "She's my daughter."

"Yet you kicked her out. That doesn't make sense to me at all." I shrug with a smug look on my face, and I can tell that my attitude rubs him the wrong way.

He squints his eyes suspiciously, folding his arms. "Let me rephrase my question. Where is my daughter?"

I hold hard eye contact with him and shrug once again. "I don't know."

Needless to say, Mr. Green didn't appreciate me lying straight through my teeth. But he left without any ruckus, and I went back to trying not to think about her. It was harder than expected, since her father had just stopped by.

By the time I got home I was exhausted, but eager to get inside nonetheless.

The lights in front of the door flickered on as I walked in, meeting a silent living room. I heard hear Morgan shuffle through her room upstairs, which put a smile onto my face.

I loosened my tie, throwing my head back as I walked up the stairs. I could hear her footsteps come to a halt once she knew I was nearby.

I was curious as to what she was doing, so I lightly knocked on her door. Shoving my hands into my front pockets, I called out to her. "Morgan?"

"Yes?" Her sweet voiced answered immediately.

"Can I come in?"

***
Morgan's POV

"Go ahead." I respond shyly, standing near the edge of my bed. I had just finished showering after an interview at the grocery store.

The door widened to reveal an exhausted Asher, who wore his hair so greatly disheveled and his tie loose. I kept my eyes from checking him out even though I wanted to do badly.

My knees almost gave in when he flashes me his infamous leg spreading grin.

"Shut up." I muttered to myself, shifting awkwardly.

Leaning his back against the wall, he eyes fame from across the room. "What'd you do all day?"

"Nothing much. My interview went well. I think I might've gotten the job, but I don't wanna be too overly confident."

"That's good." He nods his head, his eyes drifting from my face down to my exposed legs.

I felt hot under his heated stare. This was so sudden. But I find myself raking every single crevice of his body with my eyes as well. The way his stubble goes so well with his defined face. And his loose dress shirt that exposes his firm pecs.

Oh god, help me.

I'm about to instinctively bite my lip, but I catch myself in time. Asher can obviously tell I was checking him out, with the way his lips twitch into an amused smile.

"H-How was work?"

"Ask me something else." His eyes grow dark, in a good way. They're laced with determination and need as he pushes himself off the wall. He slowly begins walking over to me, staring at me from under his low, bushy eyebrows.

"I don't know what to ask."

"Yes you do."

I can feel myself begin to sweat. My open chest dips up and down as I pant heavily. I hold eye contact with him when he speaks, and so does he. I want to tear my eyes way from him but I can't. It's like I'm in a trance.

"No..I don't."

His footsteps stop abruptly, and his tongue flicks out from his mouth. He slowly rubs his stubbles chin.

His eyebrows are raised. "Figure it out."

I exhale deeply, watching as he turns to me, his grip tight on the doorknob.

"Sooner or later."

He gently shuts the door, leaving me in heat and utter confusion.