Chapter 34

Chapter 34

Morgan's POV

'Figure it out. Sooner or later.'

I knew exactly what he meant by that, which is what scared me the most. All of these feelings I didn't know I even felt came rushing out so suddenly.

I hugged and puffed while turning in my bed. There were multiple occasions this week where we had a few 'moments' together. For instance, the morning after that day it was pretty silent at breakfast.

"How did you sleep?" He asked quietly after taking long sip of his coffee. For some reason he was hitting different this morning. He had more stubble than usual, which went so well with his chiseled jaw. His voice was raspy and deep, and I could hear it rumble in his chest whenever he spoke.

I timidly placed my cheek into my palm, looking down at my plate. "Fine, you?"

"Just okay, I had a lot on my mind when I went to bed." He holds eye contact with me, his eyes narrowing. He twirls his fork in hand, and the small smirk on his face does weird stuff to my stomach.

"Okay." I muttered, scooting my chair out from beneath the table and rushing over to the sink with my plate.

I wasn't usually this nervous around him, ever. Maybe it's the way he looks at me, eye fucking me so shamelessly. I sighed, pressing my palms against the sides. I pressed my pelvis against the edge, trying to calm myself down.

That's when I felt his body heat behind me. I gasped quietly, tensing as the front of his body inched closer to me.

I felt his breath hit the back of my neck with such ease, his arm reaching out beside me to place his plate in the sink. I could hear his breath begin to quicken, and I didn't move.

"I'm going to work now." He says behind me. His breath is hot and heavy, which almost sends me over the edge. I remain silent, slowly nodding my head.

It gave me butterflies just thinking about it.

Another time this week, he caught me sneaking glances at him in his office. I was busy folding laundry, but the way he casually leaned against the front of his desk got my attention.

It was like he was getting more attractive each day. I cursed myself for thinking that way, but it was true. I hadn't realize I was staring so long, and at the last minute when I turned to look away, we locked eyes for a moment.

His eyebrows were raised in interest through the glass window of his office, and he muttered an incoherent sentence into the phone before briefly hanging up.

I stood there surprised, holding onto a plain T-shirt of mine when he began slowly walking towards the door.

His dress shirt cling to his lean torso amazingly, and with every small step he took, I could see his muscles flexing just slightly. His head tilted to the side in amusement after catching me in the act of checking him out. The sight of his thick neck moving so subtly almost brought my teeth over my lips until I caught myself.

Clearing my throat, I shook my head dismissively and turned back to my folding. I heard the door of his office open quietly, the sound of his breathing perked my ears, but I pretended like I didn't know he was there.

He chuckled quietly, his voice so deep and husky. "Morgan, do you need something?"

I shook my head, refusing to meet his face. "No, don't mind me at all."

"That's pretty hard from my view."

I swallowed hard, ignoring his comment. I slammed the T-shirt into the laundry basket, picking it up so it's place in front of my stomach.

I turn on my foot, flashing him a quick smile. "I have work later today, so I'll probably late for dinner."

He stares into my eyes which tend to flicker down to my lips once in a while. "I can wait."

"Oh." I nibble on the inside of my mouth, trying to control my now flushed cheeks. I sent him a small smile before scurrying down the hall.

Now I was in the center of my bed, daydreaming about the possibilities of Asher and I forming any sort of romantic relationship.

That would just be..awkward. I mean..the first few times we met I was a troubled person. I had been through hell, and put on a whole facade to mask my pain.

Now that I thought about it, it made me uncomfortable thinking that Asher, out of all people might've had feelings for me.

He'd seen me through my worst, and at some point had been in my house.

Just thought of getting so close to someone who witnessed that makes me embarrassed. I get sad automatically and turn over in my bed.

Maybe I'm just scared to be loved?

Love is a strong word, but you know what I mean.

I'll have to take everything else up with Asher.

I know what I want. I do. But I'm not sure if what I want is good for me.