Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Morgan's POV

His nostrils flare, suddenly relaxing his tense shoulders and looking over at me. "Are you ok?"

I nod, scratching my head, "Yeah.."

He nods, and turns to keep his eyes on the road. "You looked pretty shaken up."

I nod, avoiding eye contact. "W-Well..yeah."

We soon pull up to my house and I softly wave at him. "Thanks for the ride."

"I had no choice." He mutters, rubbing his forehead.

I walk up the steps and hear his car door slam behind me. I turn my head to see him following me. "What do you think you're doing?"

"I'm coming with you." He walks around and rings the doorbell.

I place my hand on his shoulder, "You don't-"

His head snaps to the right and he eyes my hand on his shoulder. I look down at it and quickly take it off. "You don't have to do that.."

The door opens to reveal Fiona's surprised face with her hair in a low, messy ponytail. She smiles when she sees me and widens the door. "Hellllo!"

She gestures me to come inside and waves at Detective Carson. "Hi, I'm-"

"I know who are." He interuppted coldly. He blinks a few times before throwing her a fake smile. "I meant, you're obviously Gree--Morgan's mom, right?"

She nods, "Yes, I am. And you are?"

"I'm Detective Carson, we just came from the police station and-"

"Police...station?" She looks back at me and frowns. "Why?"

I cross my arms and lean on my left leg. "He needed my help with something."

"Oh..ok." She smiles at him and he nods at me, turning around to leave when my mother stops him.

"You wouldn't mine staying for lunch, would you?" She raises both of her eyebrows.

"Actually I-"

"Just for half an hour...please?"

For some reason, I was hoping he'd say yes. I don't even want him in my house, let alone meet my asshole of a father and judge me and my 'family'.

He sighs, shrugging. "Why not."

*****
I took a shower and put on some more appropriate clothes for lunch--a blue long sleeved shirt and dark washed jeans.

I had just finished combing my damp hair and decided to let it air dry when I hear Fiona calling my name. I sigh, setting my brush down and hurrying down the stairs right behind Mason.

I heard Fiona let out a very loud laugh, taking a seat beside Christian. Mason sat down next to an empty seat as I stared at every one in confusion.

"What's going on?" I ask, standing beside the kitchen doorway.

"Oh, Morgan take a seat." She smiles, pointing to the empty chair beside Mason.

I sat down, my eyes wandering to Detective Carson, who had just taken off his coat with his sleeves rolled up.

"Asher was just telling us about how he always dreamed of being a cop." She smiled and started to cut her steak.

He cleared his throat, "Actually-"

"He's a detective, not a Police officer." I suddenly correct, surprising myself and everyone at the table.

His eyes flicker to mine, and I could see him holding a smile back.