Chapter 5

Chapter 5'   

Morgan's POV

The head snapped to the right as she threw another punch at me.

"You stupid, worthless piece of shit!" She screamed, charging at me.

I ducked, falling onto my bottom. She scrambled into the kitchen, coming back in with a knife.

Fear washed over my face as I backed up against the wall. "Please, don't." My lips trembled, tears threatening to spill.

"Why shouldn't I? I never loved you anyways!" She sneeered, shaking the knife in my face.

She picked me up, throwing me over the table as I landed on the floor. Hard.

I was suddenly dizzy, and I heard people shouting my name.

"Morgan!"

"Morgan!"

My head shot up as I winced by the light that shined over my head.

I realized that my face was wet in tears. I looked up and saw Detective Carson in front of me. "Wake up." He said in a low voice.

I groaned, touching my head. A wooden table isn't really comfortable to sleep on.

"What time is it?"

"1:23 AM."

"What?!" I screeched.  "How long have I been asleep?"

"I don't know," He shrugged, "I wasn't counting."

I rolled my eyes, fixing my hair. "Well, when are you gonna take me home?"

"Not now. Probably later."

"...Can you explain to me, why?" I sigh.

"You see, when you agreed to this deal, you agreed to work with us 24/7. That means you will be with us, 24/7. You're not going anywhere. You basically live here now." I saw him fighting a smirk as I began to fume.

"No No No," I shook my head, standing up immediately. "I'm not staying here with you people!" I complained, gripping my hair.

"'Us people?'" He laughed sarcastically. I nodded my head repeatedly, "Yes, you people." I started.

"I can't stand any of you people. You guys don't do your jobs correctly. And people die because of you! You guys think your the shit and everything just because you wear stupid uniforms. Well guess what? None of us care! You don't have the decency the arrest someone who is a maniac or even Murderous! You guys are Cowards!" I bark, slamming my hands on the table.

He sighed, putting his hands up. "You, need to calm down."

I felt a tap on my shoulder and I looked up to see that he held a tissue box at me. "...Here."

I sighed, thanking him and wiping my tears away.

"Here.." He pushed a folder towards me, tapping his large fingers on the table.

I hesitantly opened it, opening the envelope. "What's this?"

"It's Hyde Jenson's profile." He got up, taking off his jacket.

"Who's Hyde Jenson?" I asked looking at a boy with blonde hair and green eyes.

"Xavier's Partner."

"You start your job tonight." He said, picking up his jacket.

"No, I don't." I said glaring at him.

"Yes, you do. I tell you what to do now, so listen to me." He snapped.

"Fine!"

******
I was currently in a van, wearing a skin tight red dress that had a zipper in the front, that reached my midthigh, with matching ankle strapped heels. They straightened my hair, applying red lipstick onto me.

"Okay, what was the-"

I looked up and saw the four men gawking at me, acting like they've never seen a woman before.

I sighed, rolling my eyes. "Take a picture, it'll last longer."

"Yeah, lose the attitude. It'll give you away." Detective Carson said, as they fixed a wire inside of my unzipped dress.

"How?"

"They don't like girls like you." He said, typing something on the computer.

"Girls like me?"

"Just, zip up your dress and get in there." He said practically throwing me out.

"Rude." I muttered, zipping up my dress. My heels clacked against the sidewalk as I walked out of the deserted parking lot, in front of the Club.

"We're In, guys." Talia--the computer programmer--said. I walked in as the bouncer opened the door for me without looking at my ID.

I guess I looked older than I thought.

I was instantly hit with the smell of sweat, alcohol, and rubber.

My body felt violated as older men's eyes raked my body, some trying to speak with me.

"Remember, you're looking for Jenson." I heard Carson say.

"Got it. Blonde hair and green eyes. Birth mark on the side of his left cheek, right?"

"Yes."

I nodded my head, encouraging myself as I walked up to the bar, spotting the man.

He was prettier in person, and he was much taller than I expected. And much more intimidating.

"Do not go to him. He has to go to you."

I sat right next to him, pretending not to acknowledge him. I ordered a drink, as I saw him turn his head my way.

"And what do we have here?" I heard his deep voice whisper in my ear.

His hot breath fanned my neck as I felt my legs start to shake.

I'm pretty sure he noticed as soon as I saw his smirk. "Playing hard to get, sugar?"

I took a sip of my whiskey and turned to him. "Don't call me sugar."

"Yes. Get more Fiesty, that'll make him want you more."

"OK, what's your name, pretty lil' thing?" He smirked, his eyes trailing my body.

"Jenna Leinster." I smirked when he spat his drink back inside of the cup.

"Leinster?" He asked, looking at me in shock. "As in...the daughter of Steven Leinster?"

I giggled. "Yes."

Jenna Leinster was the never before seen daughter of Steven Leinster--who was the Mayor of this horrid town.

His shocked face erupted into a wicked smile as he licked his lips.

"I guess I just won myself a prize."

"Yes, yes you did."