Chapter 8

Chapter 8

Morgan's POV
I felt a hot substance slide down my cheek, and I instantly woke up to the realization that I had been drooling.

I wiped it off, my eyes adjusting to the dark room I stayed in. The side of my neck was aching in pain, and I tried to hard not to turn my head to the right.

I used the Mini table on the side to help myself up. I pulled down the dress that I was still wearing from yesterday and attempted to open the door, but it wouldn't budge.

"You've got to be kidding me." I spoke softly to myself. I aggressively pulled it with all my might, but it still wouldn't open.

My head snapped to the small window to my left. My hand shot up to my neck, as I groaned in pain.

I grabbed the coat off the floor, putting it on quickly. My small feet hit the cold floor as I slowly walked to the window.

My hands leaped over the window, grasping the small handle outside. Pulling myself foward I crawled down as my hands pressed against the wall eachtime I was closer and closer to escaping that cold room.

I landed on the ground, my palms slapping against the cold floor. I got up, pulling down the dress again.

"What the hell are you doing?" An all to familiar deep voice said with a harsh tone.

I whipped around to see the 6'3 man towering over me with an angry scowl on his face. I chuckled nervously, clapping my hands together.

"The door," I pointed to the room I was in earlier, "Was locked and It was really cold in there."

"I locked it for a reason." He said with his nostrils flared. I furrowed my eyebrows at him, frowning. "Why?"

"To keep the fly away." He said with a sarcastic smile on his face, arms crossed.

My mouth fell open, and I playfully pouted at him. In an attempt to get him smiling for once, I failed. He blinked twice before saying, "I have absolutely no time for this."

"Then why are you still here Mr. Detective?" I asked smiling while walking right past him.

"And where do you think you're going?" He asked following me.

"I'm going home sir, seeing as I don't have anything to do here." I said grabbing my red heels from the interrogation room.

"You have alot to do here." He said, closing the door behind him, blocking my escape. "Didn't I tell you that you'd be helping Didi out for now on?"

"I don't think you did, because I wouldn't be here right now." I said, slipping my heels back on.

"Oh my god." He huffed, covering his forehead.

I noticed that his right eyebrow was always arched and he had really cute--ugly moles on his face. And he always wore a frown on his face, he rarely smiled. It was either a sarcastic one, or just one of his small stupid smirks. But never a genuine, heart warming smile.

"What the fuck are you staring at?" He frowned rolling his eyes once I had looked away.

I walked out, searching for Didi. And I successfully did with her really cheery attitude and loud giggles. "Um...Didi?"

She turned around and engulfed me with a hug, ignoring the small stares we were getting. "Hey you!" She laughed, nudging me. "Is Asher still being an asshole?"

"Who?"

"Detective Carson, silly." She walked to her desk, slowly sitting down. She started to do her work before slowly lifting her head up at me.

"Is there something you need, Morgan?" She arched and eyebrow, looking for a response.

"Oh!" I chuckled. "Carson said that I had to work for you now."

She chuckled nervously before saying, "Not to be rude in any way, but I don't want you to help me."

"Why not?" I huffed frantically going over to the seat in front of her. She sighed, staring right into my eyes.

"I have my hands full, love. And I know damn well that Asher is gonna take your ass back so you can do him a favor again."

"What kind of favor? Because the last time I did, the FBI was involved."

"I don't know. That's why I'm not letting you work for be because I'm not sure."

"Okay then." I sighed. "Thanks anyways." I searched for Carson, but only ran into a hard chest, falling over.

But big strong hands prevented me from doing so. I looked up and saw a hot, so hot guy in front of me, smiling widely.

"Wow, you're so fucking sexy.", Is what I wanted to say.

"Sorry." I smiled nervously. I stood up straight, but his hands were still on my shoulders.

"Hello, there." I felt my knees weaken, and I just wanted to die right there. His deep voice made me shiver noticeably, and I heard his deep chuckle in my ear.

"H-Hi." I sighed once he let go of me. He had blonde hair and blue eyes with the sharpest jawline I've ever seen. I noticed a tattoo sticking out of his police uniform.

"Green." I hear an annoying voice beside us.

Both of our heads shoot over to Detective Carson, who stands there tapping his foot. I notice that the police officer and him look almost identical, and that's when I realize.

"Is he your brother?" I whisper to him.

"Yup. Bye." He mutters, practically running out of the hallway.

"You're free to go. Sorry to keep you." He sighs, giving me a 10 dollar bill.

I look up at him. "Why..?"

"For a cab. I suspected you weren't walking home this late." He says, emotionless.

"Thanks." I flash him a tight smile.

"Have a good night, Green."