Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Morgan's POV

"Morgan you're back, just in time!" Fiona exclaims with a smile on her face. Her bony fingers wrap around the handle of the large white salad bowl.

"Yeah.." I hang my jacket on the rack before slowly walking to the kitchen. "Where's Christian?"

"In the living room." She points to the doorway that leads to the living room. The dark brown couch comes into view when I step outside the kitchen.

I turn my head to the side and see Christian staring at the T.V with a can of beer in his left hand. He notices my presence, his usual scowl making it's way onto his face. "Where were you?"

"The hospital." I say quietly, sighing before plopping down onto the couch away from him.

"Why?" He asked, his eyes still trained on the T.V.

"I went to visit Lacey. They found her last night." When he doesn't answer I bring my attention back to the T.V. "Ronnie's dead."

He stops mid-drink with a surprised look kissing his facial features. "Oh?"

"Yeah." I say sadly, holding my chin in my hand.

"When's the funeral?" He asks, leaning forward.

"He died 3 months ago. Plus they had a memorial already." I sigh, not baring the thought of seeing his dead body.

"And they didn't invite you?" He holds back a smirk of triumph.

Piece of shit.

"No..they didn't." I roll my eyes, my long nail scratching the bridge of my tan buttoned nose. I watch him hold back his stupid smirk as he gently places his beer on the coffee table in front of us.

"And why is that?" He turns his body in my direction.

"I don't know, I was in a jail cell that day." I rub my forehead and run my fingers through my dark brown hair.

"I'm not surprised, Morgan." His eyes stare me down with an irritated look on his face.

Why's he already so fucking mad? I didn't do anything?

"What?" I frown, tilted my head when his nose turns red with his nostrils flaring.

"When are you gonna stop this...this fucking act?" He leans back, his still turned towards me. His thick fingers rub his beard as his right leg shakes.

"Act?" I scoff. "What act?"

"You know what the fuck I'm talking about." He shoots up from his seat, jabbing his finger in my face. Spit spews from his mouth, curse words escaping it. My vision blurrs, my breath stuck in my throat.

"You're acting like some tough bitch just because your mother beat on you! Well guess what Morgan, I've been through hell and back for this goddamn family, and I don't even get a thank you in return! You've always been a little brat, and now you're an attention seeking whore!"

"Leave me the fuck alone!" I scream at him.

"You think I don't know what you do at night? My buddies from work talk about you all the time, how you never know how to throw punch and end up on your ass everytime!"

"You don't know what you're talking about." I grit.

"When's this fucking facade going end? I'm fucking tired. We're all tired. Cut this shit out. I'm serious. And get back to fucking school."

"Fuck you." I spit. "You don't know me, you never did. You watched her beat me senseless because you were a fucking coward." Tears immediately escape my eyes when I actually look into his eyes.

Hatred.

I sob, shaking my head at him. "I fucking loved you, until that day. She threw a hammer at me and you fucking laughed! You said I was always gonna be your little girl, but you treated me like shit! And I hated you for it. I still do, actually. You were too much of a pussy to help me."

"What?"

"You heard what I said! She made you her bitch because you let her." I sneer.

He pulls his arm back, and I fear the worst.

Fuck.

It's happening again. He's gonna hit me.

I thought only Fiona was capable of doing that.

Christian's too sane for this.

God, please no.

Please don't let him lay a hand on me.

I lean back, no sound coming from my mouth as I watch Christian tower over me and curse me out, Fiona rushing in to try and get him to stop. She throws the small towel in the corner with her eyebrows furrowed.

"You were always a disappointment! You fucking cunt. I've never hated someone so bad! I hated you from the start, the second you came out, you little-"

"Christian!" Fiona roughly grabs the back of his shirt, pulling him away from me. She clenches her fist that loosely lays beside her thigh. "What has gotten into you?"

"Nothing, you know that she-" He throws his hands in the air.

"No. Morgan did nothing, you just don't know how to control your anger." She sighs, crossing her arms. "You should probably leave, find some other place to sleep tonight. I don't want my kids fearing whether you'd hit them or not."

"Hit them??" His eyes widen. He slowly shakes his head. "I was never going to-"

She holds up her small hand, staring into his full blue eyes. "I love you, honey. I really do. But..please. Just for tonight. Or come back when you have control over your anger."

I swallow hard, my vision clearing up again. I gasp harshly, my hand flying up to my neck. I lean foward, and try to control my breathing. "F-Fuck."

"Morgan?" Fiona quickly comes over, her hand on my leg, the other one patting my head.

I whimper, a harsh cough escaping me. Tears slowly drip down my face, the sight of Christian's back disappearing.

"It's okay, you're okay." She sighs.

I cough again, shaking my head. "No it's not. It's not fucking okay."

"What?" Her voice lowers.

I pull my arm away from her. "You don't think I forgot about how much you hit me right? You think I'll just let you walk in here and suddenly act like a mother. You fucked this family up, and you can't fix it. Only thing you can do is stay the hell away from me. Mason may miss you, but I sure as hell don't."

"I came back..to make it up to you. I love you, you know it wasn't my fault-"

"I fucking hate you! You hurt me, physically and mentally and I had no one to turn to! That's why I'm fucking like this. No one has had my fucking back. No one, was there for me. I take care of myself now, I have my back." I shake violently, my eyes sore from all the crying I've done.

"Morgan.." Her voice breaks. "Please.."

I look down and pull my arm up through my sleeve, the harsh material rubbing my tears away. I stand there, in front of her with a small pout on my face. "I think I'm gonna skip lunch today."

Her arms reaches out, but I escape quickly and grab my coat.

They never seem to understand.