Epilogue

Epilogue

Asher's POV

"Where've you been?" She asks me in a groggy voice, pulling the blanket up to her neck. It was 7 o'clock sharp, and I was supposed to leave about 30 minutes ago for work, but I just couldn't.

Last night was the first time we'd ever been intimate with each other, and it was mind blowing to say the least. Every single pinch of desire I ever had for her was nothing compared to how I felt after she got me off so effortlessly. Was I a bit embarrassed at first? Yes.

But I liked knowing that she enjoyed making me feel that way, with her eyes looking deeply into mine, glossy with such lust and triumph. She made me scream things I've never even screamed before. I've never screamed during sex period.

"I was just fixing you something to eat before I left." I sit near her head and begin stroking her warm face gently, pushing her messy hair out of the way.

"Oh." Is all she says before turning away and hugging herself under the sheets for warmth.

"Do you have work today?" I ask in a low voice, kissing the back of her head.

"Yeah. I won't be back until late."

"I can leave early and pick you up?" I throw my trench coat over my shoulder and watch as she gathers enough courage to sit up in her bed.

"That'll be great, thank you."

***

I was running a few minutes late picking up Morgan after spending all day nose deep into paperwork and getting my ass chewed by Sergeant Michaels.

All I thought of was how I would apologize for being almost an hour late. Would I shower her with kisses? Plead for forgiveness?

I parked just outside the entrance and tried to get a good look inside, only to hear the sound of Morgan's voice telling someone else off. I hop outside the car in high alert for her safety, and walk into the grocery store with my hand gently placed over my gun.

"Don't ever come here again, I mean it!" I spot her ponytail bobbing up and down as she yells. I can tell she's genuinely upset with the person she's shouting at, so I step closer to get a better look at the both of them.

It's Morgan and her mother, who seems to be trying to diffuse the whole situation itself, with her hands up defensively. I come closer to hopefully to catch the attention of Morgan and find a way to calm her down. I let my hand fall from my waist, and smoothly appear next to her.

I could tell she was on a different level of rage by the redness of her neck and the single vein on her forehead that looks like it's ready to pop out at any given moment, Other than witnessing a few arguments with her family, I've never seen Morgan so angry before.

I place a hand on her shoulder, causing her to whip around. Her eyes soften once she realizes it's me, and she steps back so that I'm right beside her.

"Is everything okay?" I ask, aiming the question at Morgan all the while staring into her mother's eyes.

"Everything...is fine." She says in a shaky breath, her eyes glossy with tears that threaten to escape.

"Morgan, please-"

"Maybe you're understanding me," She pants heavily as if she's just run a mile, with her nostrils flared. "I don't ever want to see you again. You or Christian. Now leave."

"Just-"

"Leave!" She pleads just as a final blink sets off the tears that now stream down her flushed cheeks.

Her mother doesn't say a word, shaking her head quietly and giving her daughter one last glance before leaving the dead store.

I turn to Morgan with a look of confusion on my face, but her wet face nearly breaks me. She tries to speak between cries, and now I can see that she's holding a white envelope with her name written on the front in cursive.

"Shh.." I whisper, burying her face into my chest and kissing the top of her head. She holds onto my for dear life and nearly tears my shirt from her tight grip as she sobs.

I eventually get her to calm down and get into the car to drive the both of us home. We made a stop to the gas station on the way there, and when I got back into the car she was doing some what better.

She told me her mother had handed her a letter from her and her father, stating everything they regretted and a well thought out apology. They also included a few things that Morgan never knew about, and they wanted her to hear it from them in person, but they knew Morgan put her foot down on the no contact rule.

Looking up at me with a small smile, she greets me as I enter the car. I pass her a water bottle and place a soft kiss onto her warm cheek, starting the car briefly.

"Are you going to read it?" I ask, glancing at her as we pulled back onto the road.

She's silent for a while, gazing out the window with the letter sitting in her lap.

"Can you pull over here?" She asks softly, gesturing to the large empty field of grass. I'm hesitant, but I comply with her anyway.

She gets out of the car and stands in front of the field, staring blankly into the distance. I get out as well, cautiously standing a few feet behind her. I want to ask her if she's okay, but I don't want to break her away from whatever state she's currently in.

I can see her smiling to herself with her eyes closed, clutching the letter close to her chest. She mutters a few words that I can't make out, and suddenly crumbles the envelope with all her might. She steps back and launches the envelope into the field, nearly losing her balance as she watches it land into a lake, flowing down the direction in which the water goes, finally ruined in lake water.

She sighs, turning towards me with her big brown eyes. I melt just gazing down at her, a soft smile on my lips.

She holds out her hand for me to take, and I do.

Her voice is light and free of all frustration from before, sounding promising in all ways. Her shoulders deflate as of a huge weight has finally been lifted off of them as she steps closer to me.

"Let's go home."

***
The end. :)