Promise (Prince Imagine)

For Terrah :)

~

YN

I sat down on the bed, watching my husband empty out his drawers from the dresser, silently putting them in his small suitcase. He had a look of remorse on his face but he continued silently. I sighed heavily, thinking that this could be the last time we see each other. He had been called, telling us that he would be going back to battle over seas. I loved that he made this bold decision to fight for our country but I also felt like he could have waited longer to make this decision.

He stopped packing, looking over at me. I dropped eye contact as he walked over to the side of the bed I was sitting on. He crouched down in front of me and placed his hands on my knees.

"Baby.." He trailed. He moved in closer to look at my face, that hung low.

He raised his hand to lift my face, causing me to look at him.

"Why couldn't they have chosen someone else?" I asked, as my bottom lip trembled. I know sooner or later, my tears would release.

"I was top on the list." He said.

I hated seeing Prince upset because it made me feel like it was all my fault. I wanted him to just hold me forever and never let go. But that'll happen for a while.

He broke the cold silence, "If I could stay I would, you know that. But, this is something I signed up for. I WANT to do this.. Not just for the country but us." He said, gently rubbing his thumb against my warm cheek.

"I know. You say this everytime you leave. I'm sorry for being selfish." I said.

"YN, you're not selfish. I understand why you feel like this. I don't know how long I'll be gone this time and I won't be here to hold you, kiss you, take care of you, cuddle with you, make love-"

"You're not helping.." I groaned.

He laughed lightly, "I'm sorry. Just know that, I love you and when I get back, I'll make it all up to you."

"Promise?"

He pecked my lips, lowering his kisses to my neck. "I promise." He whispered into the crook of my neck.

~

Thanks for reading! Vote, Follow and comment. Comments are nice :) tell me what you think!

- McKenzie.