Bestfriends: Part 4 (Prod Imagine)

No, I'm not making this into a story. This is the LAST part ._. lol sorry.

Enjoy.

~

Prod

It was the weekend of my supposed to be proposal but instead I was working. I didn't want to blame YN because she didn't ask me to do it.. It was Jae's idea. I knew Jae was trying to be nice because she felt unspoken tension between her and YN. I honestly didn't know why YN was acting like that and I didn't even take the time out to ask.

YN was in the booth singing while I stayed at the control panel. I was mixing a beat for her while she read over her lyrics and paced around the booth. My eye scanned her as she moved.

When I had finally found the perfect beat, I clicked the button to voice myself in the booth.

"You ready?" I asked, my finger pressed firm against the button.

YN jumped up a little frightened but nodded, "Yeah."

"Just step up to the mic and wait 8 counts." I said.

She nodded her head and walked to the mic that hung from the ceiling. She placed the headphones on her head and bobbed her head to the beat. I worked the panel and brought the beat in when she started singing.

A small smile grew on my face as she sung. It was like being young again and hearing her sing in church. Any time that we had a solo, we'd pretend that we were at our own concert performing for ours fans. I swear life was so easy back then.

She continued to sing and slowly closed her eyes. I could tell she was feeling it by the way she poured her soul into the song. Watching her made me get goosebumps and made my heart beat fast.

She was amazing.

As the beat faded out, she opened her eyes and sighed. I smiled at her as she took her headphones off and ran out the booth. I stood up just in time for her to jump into my arms.

"You were amazing, YN!" I said as I held her.

She pulled away and smiled, "thanks. I've never done anything like that before.. It was.. Nice."

I almost laughed, "I've never seen you so excited."

Her eyes widened, "Prod.. I think I want to do this.. Like become a singer. Just the feeling of making a song with you is everything."

"I think I can pull a few strings," I smiled. "Besides that's what best friends are for."

Her smile dropped a little when the words left my mouth. She glanced at the ground and nodded, "Yeah," she said, "bestfriends." She said quietly.

I furrowed my eyebrows, "what's wrong?"

"Nothing.. I'm just happy that you're here." She said.

"I'm glad I'm here too," I said. "I'll always be there for you."

It was something about her that made me concerned. Whenever I brought up our friendship, she always acted weird.

"Are you sure you're okay? Be honest with me.." I trailed.

She sighed and looked down, "I can't be honest with you." She said quietly.

I grabbed her hand and led her to the small couch in the back of the studio. We both sat down. She sat facing me with a dull look on her face.

"Why can't you tell me?"

"It won't matter.." She said as she shook her head.

"Why not?" I asked.

She sighed heavily as she looked at me, "I can't believe I'm about to tell you this right now," she stopped but soon continued, "Craig, I-I like you. And no I'm not talking about like a friend or a brother.. I like you--way more than that. And I know--"

"Wait.. You like me?" I asked as I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Well.. Love actually.." YN replied.

Wow. I never knew YN had feelings for me. I mean she's a beautiful girl and any man would be happy to have her but I'm in love with Jae.

"Why didn't you tell me this before?" I asked and settled my hand on her knee that she sat on.

"I was scared. I didn't think you'd like me in that way.. And plus.. You had Jae." She said quietly.

I shook my head, "YN, you're an amazing person and I love you so much, but I'm with Jae."

She became quiet and I continued, "If you would have told me sooner, I would have gave us a try, but I can't just leave Jae. I'm in love with her.."

"I never wanted you to leave her. I'll admit I was jealous that you were proposing to her, but I never wanted to take her away from you.."

I scanned her face and noticed that her eyes glistened under the dim light. She played with her hands as she glanced down.

"I'm so sorry, YN," I shook my head, "I wouldn't have brought all of this marriage stuff on you if I knew how you felt."

A tear fell down her cheek and she quickly wiped it away. She continued to glance down at her hands while she talked, "I just wish I wasn't such a punk and told you sooner."

If she told me before, I'm pretty sure I would be marrying YN instead of Jae. Maybe there were a little feelings toward YN.

I scooted closer to her and gathered her hands in mine. She stared up at me, her eyes showed how upset she was.

"I'm so sorry." I whispered as I pulled her into a warm hug. She wrapped her arms tightly around my torso and nuzzled her face into my shoulder. I wrapped my arms over her shoulders, around her neck and pressed my face against her head.

After a few moments she pulled away. She scanned my face as she slowly released from me. She inched closer to me and pressed her lips against mine.

Are those fireworks?

I pulled away slowly and cleared my throat. I furrowed my eyebrows, "Um, let's--lets get back to the song."

We both stood up silently. I made my way back to the panel and she made her way inside the booth. Our kiss replayed over again in my head as I turned the beat on.

Maybe there were more feelings.

But we're best friends.

That can't happen right?

Or can it?

;)

~

Thanks for reading! Vote, follow and comment! Tell me what you think.

- McKenzie.