Bestfriends (Prod Imagine)

Enjoy.

~

YN

You stared across the table at your Bestfriend, Prod. The way his lips moved as he talked to you. You sighed softly, taking in his appearance each glance at a time. All you wanted to do was kiss him. His beautiful dark brown orbs stared heavily into yours while he continued to talk. It was funny because you hadn't heard a word he said. Your eyes trailed to his firm, structured jawline. It was perfect. He was perfect but you couldn't have him because he was with someone else.

"YN.. You okay?" He asked.

You snapped out of your thoughts," Yeah! Of course." You lied.

You weren't okay. You wanted to be with him but you were stuck in the friend zone.

"You sure?" He asked, concern appearing all over his face. Ugh, he's so perfect.

"Yes Prod." You laughed.

He looked at you with serious eyes as he sighed deeply. "So what should I do?"

"About what?"

"YN, were you listening to anything I was talking about? I'm talking about Jae. I wanna ask her to marry me." He said.

His words cracked your heart. It wasn't you who he was in love with, it was Jae. He didn't want to start a life with you. He didn't want kids with you. He wanted all of that with Jae. Just the way he says he name makes you upset and jealous.

"I don't know," you sighed, "I've never had anyone ask me."

He smacked his lips, "Don't be like that. Come on, you're my Bestfriend.. Just help me out." He pleaded.

"Tell her why you love her.." You trailed.

He leaned closer to me, "What else?"

"Give her compliments. Tell her how you want to start a family with her. Tell her how you you feel.." You trailed. You felt your throat burn while you tried holding back your tears.

"Okay," he nodded, "You wanna see the ring?" He asked.

No.

"Sure."

He reached into his pocket and pulled out a small red box. He sighed and opened the top. There it was.. The ring was a 14 carat diamond ring.

"It's beautiful." You said, silently.

He looked at me with concern. "YN, tell me what's wrong?"

Oh. You wanna know what's wrong? I love you. I've loved you since forever. If that makes sense.. You're my rock, my world, my everything.. My Bestfriend that doesn't feel the same. You're in love with Jae and you're planning on marrying her while I sit back in the shadows and watch. It shouldn't be her.. It should be me right? No. I'm wrong because no matter how much I love you, I'll always be your Bestfriend.

"I'm fine. Just a little tired that's all." You lied.

He sighed,"Well can I practice what I'm going to say to her?"

No.

"Sure."

"Okay," he sighed, heavily releasing air from his mouth,"Jae, we've known each other for a long time now and I love you." He said as his dark orbs stared into yours.

You felt the urge to cry but you let him continue, "I want to make you happy every day for the rest of my life. I want us to grow old together while our kids follow their dreams. I want to wake up next to you every morning and hold you in my arms when you're sad. I want us to be happier than what we are now and I feel like I need to do this to make that happen.." He trailed.

You were speechless.

"I know it's a little wack but that's all I have for right now. I'll think of something later.." He chuckled, lightly.

"It-it was perfect." You replied.

A small smile formed on his face. "Thanks. I always know I can count on my Bestfriend. I'm glad I have you, YN."

You knew that you'd always be his Bestfriend even though your heart craved for more but there was nothing you could do.

That's what bestfriends are for, right?

~

Thanks for reading! Vote, follow and comment. Comments make my day! Tell me what you think.

- McKenzie.