𝚂𝚙𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚊𝚕 𝙳𝚊𝚢

CW
Mention of explosion

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Quackity POV //
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I walked out of my room yawning, I had to wake up early today for two reasons.
The first was that it was Toby's first day as a sophomore and I wanted to make him breakfast, and it was my first day of work.

I knocked on Toby's door as I passed it, hearing a tired groan from the other side, and continued to the kitchen nearly tripping over Tiger who was sleeping on the ground.

I got out a bowl and pancake mix, leaning over the counter as I looked over the directions, I heard a door open and a few footsteps approach then stumble on the wooden floors, "Careful of the cat."

"Thanks-" Toby tiredly laughed as he picked Tiger up holding her over his shoulder and walked over to the kitchen, "You're making food?"

"Mhm," I put the box down at got everything I needed, "It's a special day."
"Eh, you're making pancakes soooooooo I can't complain." He chuckled shrugging as he put the cat down.

"That's what I thought," He laughed and went to pack his bag.

.

.

.

"Bye, mom!" Tubbo walked across the street waving to me and making sure his backpack didn't fall off, I waved back and watched him get on the bus.

Once the bus left I got into my car and started driving to my new place of work.
"Limbo"

Surly was an odd name for a mental institution, but the name was hardly a bother to me, the only thing that concerned me was how much I'd get paid at the end of the month.
It didn't matter who my patient was, just as long as I would be getting paid.

I made it to the institution faster than I expected to and parked outside, looking up at the building it was really fucking big, and with my luck, I'd get lost in a matter of seconds.
I sighed and made my way inside.

Looking around it seemed nice, it had the same floors as a normal hospital would and about the same-looking walls, but it was much more colorful than I was expecting. There probably wasn't going to be anyone that crazy around here, and if there are then this entry hall is working.

I made my way to the front desk and signed in watching as a doctor walked over to me.
"Alex, yes?" He looked up from his clipboard to look down at me.

"Uhm, yes-"

"Great, my name's Nick, it's great to meet you." Nick smiled at me and offered his hand out which I took, "Nice to meet you too."

"Now, most of our patients already have psychiatrists, and so you'll be put with a more... higher-level patient, do you think you can handle that?"Nick held his clipboard close to his chest as he stared at me, waiting for my answer.

If I were to say no then I might not get a patient...
If I were to agree I might get paid more-

"Yeah, sure."
Nick sighed in relief as he handed me the clipboard, "Great! All his information is on the clipboard, and since he is uhm... more of an extreme patient you're pay would be changed-"

"Just what I wanted to hear, so what room is he in?" I chuckled and looked down at the paper

I read over my new patient's records, slowly tuning Nick out as I read more and more, there both was and wasn't a lot of information about him, and all the information there was, was really negative or just awful.

"Uhm, Alex?"

I snapped out of my thoughts and looked up at Nick, "Yeah? Uh, where's you say he was?"

"Floor 3 room 315, you okay?"

"Yeah, just uh- nothing, I should go-"
Before Nick could answer I walked down the closest hall and looked around for some stairs or an elevator, I found the stairs and walked up them looking over 'Wilbur's' record again.

The main thing that caught my eye was the main reason this man was here, threatening to explode a motel. There wasn't anything else describing what happened or just any context for this reason...

I guess I'll have to figure that out.

I made it to the 3rd floor and walked down the halls, they weren't as cheering as the first floor was, but I didn't feel unsafe just yet.
And I'm hoping I won't, ever.

I stopped outside room 315 and stared at the number, it seemed old, kind of like this entire floor.
I took a deep breath and slowly opened the heavy door.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Word Count: 729-

I hope you liked this chapter!

I also hope you have an amazing Day/Afternoon/Night
Make sure you eat something and drink your holy water!