ᴄᴏᴘ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴀ ꜱᴏꜰᴛ ꜱɪᴅᴇ

.

.

. (Kody)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Third Person POV //
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alex parked his car outside the institution and got out, analyzing the cop cars in the parking lot. He shook it off and walked inside where Puffy, Nick, and Charlie were standing next to the front door, staring at a group of officers.

"Good morning!" He greeted his colleagues who turned and greeted him back, "Hey, how was your weekend?" Puffy questioned, pulling the duck into a hug.
"Good- what are you guys looking at?" He hugged her back and pulled away from her to look at the rest of the group.

"Some cops..." Charlie mumbled, watching some of the officers walk to the counter, "There's this one guy who just... keeps glaring at everyone- he's terrifying-" Nick shivered while Alex raised a brow, "Oh? Does he now..."

Puffy nodded, folding her arms, "He's really intimidating-" Puffy stared over at the group of officers and Alex followed her stare.

More officers separated from the crowd to reveal a tall pale man with short dark green hair and a scowl on his face.
"Oh!" Alex gasped, smiling as he walked over to the officer.

"What is he doing-" Nick questioned, staring at Alex.
"I have no idea-"

The hybrid walked over to the man and tapped the much taller's arm, "What do you wan-" The man glared down at Alex before softening his stare, "Oh, hey duckling." He smiled and rubbed his son's head as the duck retaliated, "Hey- not the hairrr-" He whined as his dad laughed.

The others walked over to the two very confused, "You never told up you work here?" Sam cocked a brow at Alex as he let out a nervous laugh, "Well... I do-" His wings folded inward as Sam sighed, "Well, good job, Alex." He smiled and looked toward the others.

"Hello, may I help you?" He asked, sounding much calmer than he did before, "Oh, no sir-" Puffy smiled back and looked down at Alex, "Didn't know you were adopted," She lightly chuckled as Alex's face dropped, "What..?"

Puffy went quiet, "Uh-"
"You are almost 40, child- when will you stop making that joke?" Sam laughed, staring down at Alex, "Dunno, probably never." He joked looking back at Puffy, "But yeah, me and my brother are both adopted-"

"What's that like?" Nick asked, folding his arms and leaning on his leg, "Like I was adopted?" He cocked a brow chuckling a bit, "I don't remember my biological parents anyway-" He shrugged while Sam slowly nodded, "No one really does..-" He casually added, smiling at Alex who smiled back.

"Huh... interesting-" Charlie mumbled, glancing at Puffy and Nick, "So what are we waiting for exactly?" He questioned Sam who shrugged, "Some people in the head office told us that some of the patients on the upper floors have some medical problems that need to be properly dealt with by some doctors."

"Oh yeah, they really do-" Puffy furrowed her brows as Nick sighed in relief, smiling, "Yeah-"
"There's a guy on the 4th floor who sowed his mouth shut-" Puffy stated, "And there's this guy who clawed half his face off and would pour his blood out onto his eggs as a sacrifice to the egg-" She wrinkled her nose and Nick winced, staring down at the ground. 

"This place is fucked up-" Sam had a disgusted look on his face while Puffy nodded in agreement, "There was also this guy on the 4th floor who they were forced to stay up for days and then let him sleep for like... 3 days maximum?" She looked at Alex for an answer and he nodded, "And they would shock him to keep him awake-" They shorter finished.

"That's just fucking torture-" Sam looked down at Alex, cocking a brow, "How'd you know that?"
"I've read his file-"
Before any more questions could be asked the front door opened and a few paramedics entered, "There they are-" Nick said, looking at the few doctors walking over to the front desk.
"This is going be a long day-" Puffy sighed as she put her hands in her pockets.

One of the masked doctors looked towards the 5 and waved at Sam who waved back, smiling.
"You know that guy?" Charlie asked, smiling at the green-haired man, "Yep, he's my husband." Sam nodded. 

"Oh- congratulations!" Puffy smiled and Sam smiled back, "Thank you, miss."
Puffy nodded and walked over to the front desk to sign the paramedics in, "Alright, so we're going to be moving the patients up there to down here?" Sam asked, pointing up at the ceiling.

"Yeah, that's pretty much it-" Charlie shrugged and looked over at an officer, "We can help you guys out with our patients," Charlie walked over to the officer and walked up the stairs with her, "So where are your patients?" He asked Alex, raising a brow.

"Oh, 3rd and 4th floor." Alex smiled and set his hands in his pockets, "Oh? Really?" Sam raised a brow and smiled more, "Good job duckling," He pet the shorter's head and looked back at Nick, "You look a little down, something wrong?" He shook his head and softly smiled up at Sam, "I'm fine, I should probably get to my patients though-" He slid his hands into his pockets and glances over at the door when a taller brunette walked through the glass doors.

Alex looked over at the door and raised a brow, walking over to the man, "George what are you doing here?" He asked, furrowing his brows in pure confusion, "I thought we were going out to have lunch?" He motioned back at the door making his bracelet fall down his arm.

"Oh- well I'm not on lunch right now, we just kind of started-" Alex mumbled motioning behind him, "Oh- ...What's dad doing here?" He asked staring at their father, "He's gonna help remove the more dangerous patients." Alex shrugged and looked behind him to see Nick standing right behind him.

"HOLY SHIT-" He jumped and spread his wings out, puffing his feathers, "Sorry-" Nick raised his hands up in defense and walked past Alex to George, "Hi! I'm Nick." He put his hand out and George took it, "Hey? I'm George-" He smiled and shook Nick's hand.

"If you want you can join us? I highly doubt Wilbur or Dream would want to hurt you or really anyone anymore-" Alex folded his arms and let his wings fall down to his side, "Uhh.. I'll come with, sure-" He shrugged and went over to his brother, "Let's go then-"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Word Count: 1065-

Father Sam :}

I hope you all have a wonderful Day/Afternoon/Night
Make sure you eat something and drink your holy water!