𝘉𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘳'𝘴 𝘛𝘳𝘶𝘵𝘩

.

.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Quackity POV //
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I walked downstairs and placed my clipboard on the counter, sighing. I didn't get much information today... Wilbur didn't say much of anything today-
And I can't even ask him what's wrong because he doesn't want to answer me anymore...

"Something wrong," A feminine voice caught my attention and I turned my head to it, "Huh-?"
The white-haired woman walked over to me and leaned on the counter, looking down at me, "Is something wrong? You look a little down.." 

"Oh... I guess I am.." She made a hum of agreement and walked behind the counter, sitting down and taking Wilbur's file. "Is there a reason in particular?" She opened the file and looked at it, glancing at me every once in a while.

"Well... my patient's just been really.. hostile for no reason..." I folded my arms and turned around, leaning on the counter, "No reason? I see you've gotten a lot of information on him, a lot better than almost 40 other doctors." She flipped through his file and gave me a reassuring smile, "He's probably just not in a talking mood, not your fault."

I smiled at her and nodded, "Thank you... means a lot-"
"Of course, now you're working with Clay tomorrow?" She put Wilbur's file away and spun herself in the chair to look at me, "Yep, man's a fucking psycho-"

"Mm, he is a few sandwiches short of a picnic," She laughed a bit and leaned back in the chair, "Huh?"

"Oh, he's a little crazy-" She cleared her throat and stood up, towering over me, "Anyway, you're heading off for the day?"
I nodded, "Yeah, you?"

"Nah, gotta stay for a little bit to talk to some people," She sounded annoyed but laughed it off, "Anywho, have a good rest of your day, Alex." She smiled and sat back down.

"Yea, you too... uh-"

"Puffy, you can call me Puffy."

"Alright, you too, Puffy." I waved goodbye and walked out of the building to my car, getting in and turning it on.
I sighed and started driving, staring at the road.

I drove for a bit and parked my car in front of a bakery.
Pink Fire's Sweets

At least I could go home to see George and Toby happy... that'd be enough for today.
I softly smiled as I got out of the car and made my way into the bakery hearing the ding of a bell above my head when I entered.

"Hi! Welcome to Pink Fire's Sweets!" A kind woman greeted me and a big smile, her bubblegum pink hair was half up leaving a few strands down, framing her face.
"Hello," I smiled back and walked over to the counter, my eyes glanced over to the glass that held some of the baked goods.

"My name's Niki, is there anything that catches your eye?" She had a sweet voice that made me feel calmer, "Alex," I smiled and glanced at the baked good, "Uhm, what's in the brownies?" I pointed my finger to the pastry behind the glass, "Well, legally I have to say there aren't any drugs," She joked, laughing a little. 

"Damn, 4th place to tell me that," I joked back, smiling at Niki, "But other than that just cocoa, milk, eggs- though you can get an egg-free version." She pointed to another brownie and smiled at me, "Okay, I'll get two of those and a chocolate cookie"

She nodded and grabbed a bag to put the sweets in while I grabbed my wallet.
"FUCK-" Someone screamed barging into the bakery, "I'M SO SORRY NIKI!" I turned my head to the British voice, only to see Tommy rushing behind the counter.

"It's alright Tommy, can you ring up Alex for me?" She set the paper bag on the counter and went into the back, leaving Tommy and me alone.
"Oh, hi Toby's mom-" He walked to the counter and typed on the register, "Hey, how's school?"

Tommy muffled a sigh and raised a brow at me, "Why does every adult ask that? It's good, how's my brother?" He seemed hostile and glared at the cash register, "Oh? He's good, a bit anti-social today but he's fine." Tommy slowly nodded, "Insert your card please."

I put my card in and noticed Niki walking back out, "Hey, who you guys talking about?"
I took my card back out and inserted my pin, "Just my patient, it's his brother so-"

"Oh? Where do you work?" Niki added some more pastries behind the glass, "Oh, Limbo. It's a mental insti-" 

"Limbo? My wife works there... did... Techno go to a mental institution-" She looked to Tommy who shook his head, "No, Wilbur did."
"Really-" Niki furrowed her brows and fully turned to Tommy, "I... I had no idea-"

"I didn't either." Tommy slid the bag over to me and I grabbed it, looking between the two, "Why wouldn't Puffy tell me that-" She sighed and leaned on the glass, looking back at me, "How is he?"

"He's good, being anti-social at the moment... yoouu knew him?" I checked inside the bag and closed it back up, looking at Niki, "Ye...yeah.... we used to be friends-" She sighed and looked at me, "Oh- uh.. have a good day sir," Niki smiled at me and waved.

"You too-" I waved back and left the bakery to my car, I got in and locked the door setting the bag down on the passenger seat, "Why the hell does everybody know this man-" I shoved my face into my hands and dragged them down, staring up at my ceiling, "Okay... I'm just overreacting I've only met two people who knew him-" I took a deep breath and looked around the empty parking lot, "And one of them is his brother... it's fine, just go home and take a goddamn break-"

I started my car and drove home, turning on the radio to calm my nerves.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Word Count: 959-

Hope this was good
I liked it ^^ and I hope you guys did too!

I also hope you have an amazing Day/Afternoon/Night
Make sure you eat something and drink your holy water >:D