𝕋𝕚𝕞𝕖 𝕋𝕠𝕘𝕖𝕥𝕙𝕖𝕣

TW
Mention of cutting
Mention of Pshcy wards

CW
Little angst 
Wilbur is really attached
Poor parenting

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Third Person POV //
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alex walked into Wilbur's room, caught off guard by the patient wrapping his arms around him, nuzzling his face into his hair.
"Oh, hello Wilbur-" The shorter cupped a side of his face and walked over to the bed.

"Now, we should get back to discussing you, now." He sat in his chair and watched Wilbur sit on his bed, watching the duck.
"How about we talk about before November, 16th?"

"November 16th...?" Wilbur mumbled, gripping the mattress under him. Alex nodded and raised his clipboard, "If you wouldn't mind" 

He looked down at the ground and held his own hand, "Uh..." He tensed up more and pressed his lips together, looking to his right.
"I..." Wilbur started but stopped just as quickly, rubbing his hand up and down his arm, peeling off some of his bandages.

"We can discuss that at a later date if you'd like." Alex looked up from his clipboard and noticed the bandages coming off of Wilbur's arm, revealing both small and big scars on his forearm.
"What are those?" He pointed to his arm using his pen and looked up at Wilbur's face.

He obviously knew what they were, he saw them daily. 

"Uh... scars?" Wilbur raised his hand up to the revealed skin, trying to hide his shame.

"And what are those scars from?" He tilted his head and lowered his clipboard onto his lap.
"Uhm... a.. blade?"

"And how long have you had these?"
Alex rubbed his own arm and softly smiled at Wilbur, "Maybe... 25-ish.. years... probably more.."
The younger nodded and raised his clipboard writing something down, "Have you ever gotten help for them?"

"Once..." Wilbur furrowed his brows staring back at the blinding white ground, "Mhm, and how did it go for you?"
Wilbur looked back at Alex and took a deep breath, "I... I'm not sure how to describe it..."

"That's alright," He rested his clipboard down and stared at Wilbur with a soft look, "Do you think you can try?"
Wilbur glanced down at his hands and slowly shook his head, "You wouldn't understand.."

"I might, do you remember how you were admitted?" Alex raised his clipboard back up and clicked his pen, "My... school counselor contacted my family after.. someone told her something, and instead of doing anything else they put me in a psych ward..."
As Wilbur finished he looked back to see Alex writing it down on his clipboard, with his eyes glued to the paper.

"I see, so you were sent to a psych ward involuntarily?"
Wilbur nodded, staring at the hybrid in front of him, "And you blame that on your parents for it?"
Wilbur nodded again, continuing to stare at him with a soft smile forming on his face.

"That must have been very damaging to you, I remember feeling that.." He took a deep breath and put his clipboard down.
"You've... been admitted?" He soften his stare as Alex nodded, "I was 14 at the time, a part of me still resents my parents for forcing me in there.. but I know that they did it for my own good, as did yours."

"I... I doubt they did.." he sighed and slowly twisted his index finger anxiously, "They never even talked to me about it.. they just told me to pack a bag and drove me to the place without saying anything to me..." Wilbur held his own hand and rubbed the back of it with his nail.

"Mm... maybe they were afraid you would lash out, but that's still a terrible way to deal with it. Psych wards aren't something to fear, there are just there to help people in need." Alex crossed his legs and watched Wilbur's actions closely.

He rubbed his arms with his thumbs, his eyes glossing over, "How were you admitted..?"
"That's not something you have to worry about, Wil-"

"Maybe I want to... it'll make me feel better," He smiled at Q with a tear rolling down his face, Alex took a breath and raised a brow, "And why would that be..?" He softly spoke, "It comforts me to know things about you..."

"Alright, I was under stress that I didn't feel like I could control, so I took control of my pain, my parents took note of how I was acting and got me a therapist. It was going alright until they got a look at my arm and told my dad about it and everyone agreed that I was a danger to myself."

Wilbur nodded and looked Quackity up and down, softly smiling at him, "You have good parents..."
Alex quietly giggled and nodded, "I do, don't I.. I'm sorry your parents weren't able to show that same love to you. You deserve their love.." He smiled and leaned over to grab Wilbur's hand, softly rubbing the back of it.

Wilbur's bottom lip quivered as more tears poured out of his eyes, unable to process that someone believed he deserved love...
Something he denied himself for years since the only woman he'd loved betrayed his trust. 

Wilbur hadn't noticed Alex wrapping his arms around him, holding the brit close to his body. Resting Wilbur's head on his chest allowing him to hear the duck's slow and comforting heartbeat, he wrapped his arms around Quackity's waist and held him close.

"It's okay, you can let it out.." Alex rubbed his back and held him closer, resting his head on Wilbur's.
They stayed like that for what could have been hours, the two felt so safe and loved in the other's hold, something neither of them had experienced in years.

"Are you feeling any better," Alex asked looking down at Wilbur's head, moving his hand up to slowly pet his fluffy hair. "Mhm.." He pulled away from the comfort of Quackity's heartbeat to look up at him, "Thank you... for caring..." He teared up some more and leaned into Alex's comforting warm touch.

"Of course, Wil, I'll always care.." Alex placed his hands on WIlbur's shoulders and slowly pushed him away, rubbing his shoulders, "But I do have to go now."
Wilbur's smile slowly dropped as he nodded, "Okay.."

"Bye, Wilbur," Alex cupped the side of his face and slowly pulled it away, smiling at him.
"Bye, Quackity," Wilbur smiled a bit more as Alex chuckled, rolling his eyes.

"Oh, and by the way," Alex grabbed his clipboard and started walking to the door, "I won't be here Wednesday, I've been given a new patient." He had a smile on his face while Wilbur's flattened.
"What..?"

"Yeah, management says that since I've been doing a good job with you so I should be able to handle another patient."
Wilbur stared at him and forced a smile, "That's.... g-great-"

"Yeah, well bye! I'll see you tomorrow," He waved goodbye and then forced the door open, walking out and letting it shut behind him.

As Wilbur watched him leave more tears weld up in his eyes and rolled down his face, the only thought going through his mind was how he'd be even more alone without Quackity here to talk to.
He hardly felt safe over the weekend without his warm touch, and now he'd have even less time than before...

Less time to take in his warmth or learn more about what he likes... what he's like...
Less time together.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Word Count: 1179-

I would like to state that I have never been in a psych ward and all of my knowledge of this came from a video I watched by illymation

I hope all of you have a wonderful and safe Day/Afternoon/Night
Make sure you eat something and drink your holy water >:D

Watching my brother play The Last Of Us :]