T I R E D S M I L E

CW
Forcing someone to stay awake (is this a CW.. idk?)
Electrical shocking
Actually some sympathy for Dream (Crazy, I know)

.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
// Quackity POV //
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You ready?" Nick looked over at me and I nodded, catching my breath. We both headed up the stairs and walked up past the 3rd-floor door, I eyed the door as we continued upstairs to the 4th floor.

"Fuck.. this floor looks... creepy-" We stepped forward into the decrepit hall and walked down to room 404, "They need to redo these floors," Nick stated, looking around the hallway.
"Can they even do that with the patients in here?"

"I mean, they'd just have to remove the patients from this floor to the one below, they did that with the second floor when I first started."
I looked at Nick and then back at the door we came from, "But, they can't leave their room, right?"

"Uh... I don't think so-"
I sighed and grabbed the doorknob, "Well, I'll see you at lunch-" I looked back at Nick as he nodded, "See you at lunch," He waved bye to me and walked over to the exit, leaving out the door.

I opened the door and stepped into the dimly lit room, shutting the door behind me.
"Who are you?" A deranged voice spoke from behind me, it seemed... tired.

"Uh.." I turned to face him, seeing that he was cuffed to his bedpost.
'Damn, they really cuffed this poor bastard-'
"My name's Alex Quackity but you can call me Alex," I smiled and walked over to the chair stationed in front of him.

"Now, may I get your name, please" I clicked my pen and looked down at the clipboard, "Uhm... Dream... WasTaken.." He mumbled tiredly.
"Dream? This says Clay." I motioned to my clipboard.

"My name's Dream..." He yawned and slowly blinked his eyes, " Are you alright? You seem tired..?"
He stared at me and looked over at a corner of the room, I followed his gaze and noticed a camera pointed directly at his bed.

"Oh, you have a camera?" I furrowed my brows and turned back to examine Dream, he had a device on his ankle with a glowing red light.
"What's that?" I pointed to his ankle and watched him lean down to look at the device.

"An ankle monitor.." He moved his neck around, yawning some more.

"For what? You're not leaving this place anytime soon-" I raised a brow and looked back at his cuffed hand as I repressed a yawn.
"It's to stop me from sleeping.." He slowly dropped his head forward and closed his eyes.

"Why?" I looked back at the camera and then around his room, two of the three lights were broken, and the one that wasn't was barely hanging on.
Dream raised his free hand to the ceiling and looked up at me, "XD, speaks to me within my dreams..." He sounded delirious.

"Does he now..." I checked his file, and nowhere did it mention him speaking to literal god.
I wrote it down and looked back at him, "Did he tell you to do all the things you've done?"
He nodded, slowly and tiredly blinking, "He wished for me to test the strengths and limits of his world..."

"I see.. and this is the reason you aren't allowed to rest?" I pressed my pen onto the paper and furrowed my brows looking down as I wrote.
'This shit is fucked up- how isn't he dead?'

"Yeah... it's fun.." He 'joked' hardly laughing, he quieted himself and sighed hanging his head forward, "I could only imagin-" Before I could finish I heard him softly snoring and I lowered my clipboard.

I looked around the room and before I could stand up I heard a shocking sound coming from the floor, and a painful scream coming from the man in front of me.
I just stared in horror, quickly bringing my feet onto the chair I was sitting on.

After a few minutes of watching his body twitch and hearing his blood-curdling screams the shocking stopped and Dream held onto the edge of his bed desperately trying to catch his breath, streaming tears down his face and onto the floor.

"I... are you alright?" I stood up and moved closer to him (666) moving my hand closer to his head before I pulled it back and snapped my attention back at the camera furrowing my brows at it.
'WHY THE FUCK-'

I took a deep breath and looked back at Dream, "I believe that concludes our session for the day.. I hope in our next meeting you'll have gotten some sleep..." I glanced down at the ankle monitor and then smiled at him before I rushed out of the room.

I leaned against the door and took deep breaths, keeping my tears back.
'What... in the living FUCK... did I just watch...'
I get he's a shit human but... really-

I hurried to the doors and rushed down the stairs, nearly falling flat on my face a few times. I stopped at the 3rd floor and looked at the door, holding my wings close to my body.
'I hope he's okay...'

I quickly and sadly shoved that thought away and went down to the lobby, hoping to run into someone I could talk to.
I saw Puffy and Nick talking at the front desk, Puffy seemed a little worried about something.

Nick noticed me basically running down the hall to them and waved, smiling at me, "Alex!" Puffy turned to me and smiled waving at me as well, "How did your session with Dream go-" She asked, tilting her head a bit.

"I just watched a man be shocked for passing out for five seconds..." I stared at the two feeling as if I was drilling lasers through their heads, I let out a panicked laugh and held my wings closer, "The fuck do you think-"

"Oh, you poor thing-" She opened her arms and pulled me closer to hug me, while Nick stared at me in shock, "What..?" His voice was broken and his body tensed.
"Who the fuck is in charge of keeping that poor fuck awake-" I looked up at Puffy and she shrugged, sighing, "I wish I knew... I think we can agree that.. that is just fucked... up-" She looked over at Nick who was glaring at the hallway.

"Man's already handcuffed to his bed- and has to live on the fucking shittest floor-"
I huffed out, hugging myself. Still hearing his scream echoing through my ears, "He's been here for 8 fucking years... and is only a fucking danger to himself at this point-"

I looked at Nick and raised a brow, "You were his doctor?"
He sighed and shook his head, "I was supposed to be... but.... I'm too close to the patient-" He hugged himself before Puffy pulled him into the group hug.

"I think you two should go home.." She rubbed our backs and looked at both of us, "I can talk to manag-"

"No-... it's fine, I'll talk to them myself.. thank you though," I smiled up at her and she softly smiled back, "Alright, just make sure to not tire yourself out, okay? Contacting management about most things regarding the upper floors can be tough-"

"I'll be fine, I mean... they are just basically trying to kill the man up there-" I sighed and grabbed my phone to check the time, I'm gonna talk to them during lunch."

"Alright.."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Word Count: 1184-

We're almost at 20 chapters o-o
Damn-

I hope you all have a wonderful Day/Afternoon/Night
Make sure you eat something and drink your holy water >:D