Ch 2: Danger

As Madam Zhao listened to the curses, her tears flowed even more fiercely.

Su Xiaolu looked at the teary Madam Zhao and cursed in her heart.

She was a doctor of traditional Chinese medicine who lived in the twenty-first century. On her way to a late-night snack, she’d been killed by a car that had raced up the sidewalk.

4

Unexpectedly, when she regained consciousness, she had become a baby.

1

She was reborn through the womb, and into the olden days at that.

The current situation was very bad.

In the olden days of favoring boys over girls, her birth had not been a good thing. She knew from the old woman’s curses that there were people who wished her dead as soon as she was born.

Su Xiaolu vaguely felt that something was wrong with Madam Zhao. Her strong intuition told her that Madam Zhao was in danger.

Thinking of her birth, Su Xiaolu quickly thought of postpartum hemorrhage!

However, she was a baby now and could not speak. The others in the family could not be counted on either. Su Xiaolu’s gaze landed on the little girl beside Madam Zhao. Just now, she heard this little girl call Madam Zhao, and Madam Zhao called her Sanmei. This must be her elder sister.

Who could save Madam Zhao? She was probably the only one who could, but she couldn’t speak. How could she let her sister know that her mother was in danger? Su Xiaolu couldn’t think of a way, so she held her breath and cried.

“Waaah—waaah—”

Recommended for you
If You Suffer From Knee and Hip Pain You Should Read This
Sponsored by news4ppl.com

Su Xiaolu cried her heart out.

Madam Zhao’s thoughts were called back. Her mother’s instincts made her raise her hand to pat her daughter. “Simei, be good. Don’t cry… Don’t cry…”

Su Sanmei also came back to her senses and climbed onto bed to help Madam Zhao coax her sister.

“Be good, sis. Don’t cry. I’ll carry you.”

Su Sanmei knelt on the inner side of the bed and carefully carried Su Xiaolu to coax her.

Su Xiaolu cried nonstop. Her face was red from holding her breath. Although she was getting breathless, she did not stop. Her cries were so loud that they drowned out Madam Wang’s curses.

Fortunately, she was healthy and loud.

“Wahhh—”

Her cries made Madam Zhao’s heart clench. She was afraid that her daughter might have some illness. She knew that she could not count on her mother-in-law and sister-in-law, so she gently tugged at Su Sanmei’s sleeve and said weakly, “Sanmei, put Simei down beside mother. Go to the field and call your father back.”

Su Sanmei obediently put down Su Xiaolu and got off the bed. Then, she quickly opened the door and ran out.

Recommended for you
When You Get Married, Here Are the Types of Dresses to Avoid Purchasing
Sponsored by Bakehuge

Seeing that Su Sanmei had gone to get help, Su Xiaolu stopped crying.

In the main room, Madam Wang was cursing non-stop.

“You jinx, cry until you die. If you cry again, I’ll come over and suffocate you…”

1

“You rotten loser. Cry yourself to death. Shut up and die, you short-lived bastard.”