Ch 81: Lesson 2

Chen Hu even dared to hit his brothers and parents. His ruthless appearance was really terrifying. Madam Qian was not sure if this was good or bad.

Chen Hu seemed to know Madam Qian's worries. He held her hand and walked toward the kitchen. He lowered his voice and said, "Dear, don't worry. I'll tell you everything later. I've prepared dinner. Let's eat first."

After entering the kitchen, Chen Hu went to scoop rice for Madam Qian. In the past, they could only eat half a bowl of rice, there was no way they could eat meat and they were only given a spoonful of vegetable soup each time. Recalling these bits and pieces, Chen Hu felt bitter.

He pressed the rice down and scooped some meat and soup for Madam Qian. "Dear, eat quickly."

Madam Qian was a little scared. "Chen Hu."

She seemed to guess what was going on, but she didn't dare say it.

Madam Qian looked at Chen Hu quietly. She swallowed and finally said, "Chen Hu, everything will be fine if you apologize to Father and Mother now."

Madam Qian was not afraid of suffering or being burdened. What she was afraid of was that after taking this step, there would be no turning back for them. The world was so big, but there was no place for her children to stay.

Life wasn't good now, but they had a shelter.

Chen Hu looked at Madam Qian indifferently and said calmly, "Dear, I want to take you away to find a way out. Are you willing to come with me?"

He no longer had any hope for this family. Every time he thought of it, he only felt endless pain.

Madam Qian looked into Chen Hu's eyes. She knew that he had made up his mind. Madam Qian shed tears. She smiled at Chen Hu and said, "Chen Hu, why wouldn't I be willing? I'm yours. I'll go wherever you go."

Recommended for you
If You Suffer From Knee and Hip Pain You Should Read This
Sponsored by news4ppl.com

Chen Hu's eyes were slightly red. He said, "Come, let's eat."

Madam Qian took the bowl and chopsticks and nodded. "Alright, let's eat together."

Chen Hu gave Chen Daniu and Chen Erniu a full bowl of rice and meat for them to eat.

Chen Daniu and Chen Erniu ate obediently, leaving nothing in their bowls.

Chen Hu looked at what was left in the pot. He gently asked his wife and daughters, "Are you all full?"

Madam Qian said calmly, "I'm full."

Chen Daniu and Chen Erniu nodded as well. They were full. They had never been so full.

Chen Hu smiled and said, "Let's go back to our room to rest."

The family went back to rest.

Chen Hu was afraid that Chen Qiang and Chen Long would take revenge, so he didn't sleep and let Madam Qian sleep with the child.

Madam Qian was tired and quickly fell asleep after feeding her son.

Chen Daniu and Chen Erniu seemed worried. Chen Hu gently stroked his two daughters' hair and said softly, "Go to sleep. Father is watching over you."

It was cold. His two daughters didn't even have cotton clothes, but they had to work in the fields. How cold it was. Even if they were sick, they wouldn't be able to see a doctor. What he had once been unwilling to admit was now turning into knives cutting at his heart.