Ch 156:She slit her wrist 1

This was from the mountains last year.

Su Xiaolu liked to eat them very much. Although some of them were rotten, the good ones were still delicious.

Su Chong and Su Hua would also give the good ones to Su Xiaolu.

Su Chong said, "Xiaolu, those two trees have also borne many fruits this year. When they're ripe, we'll go and get them for you."

Su Hua smiled and nodded. "It can pick 20 catties."

Su Xiaolu smiled. "Sure."

Her family rarely ate this thing. Su Xiaolu knew that they always let her have it.

So every time she came back, she would bury a few handfuls in the ashes of the fire and share them with everyone.

She peeled some good ones and gave them to Su Xiaoling.

Su Xiaolu fed them one by one. Su Xiaoling smiled and opened her mouth to eat.

Su Sanlang and Madam Zhao did not eat.

When dinner was ready, the family sat down together.

Recommended for you
30 Fantastic Dog Breeds You Never Heard Of!
Sponsored by Bakehuge

Life was so uneventful.

1

Su Xiaolu went back and forth between home and Sun residence, so early the next morning, she went into town with her family again.

When she returned to Sun residence, Su Xiaolu saw a crowd on the street. She walked over and heard people discussing.

"Gosh, her face is scary. She's got scars all over her face. It's scary as hell."

"Exactly. Whenever she looks at me, I'm afraid I'll have nightmares at night."

People said with disdain and malice.

Su Xiaolu could not help but frown. She squeezed in and saw a helpless woman sitting on the ground. She covered her face with her hands as if she did not know how to face the malice of the people.

There was a green gauze hat on the ground. There were so many people watching, but no one picked it up for her.

Some people were filled with malice, while others carried sympathy. However, no one did anything to help. It was as if they would become the next target of everyone's guidance if they did.

"You judge. My son just accidentally bumped into her. She insisted that we stole her silver. We're honest people. Who would do that? Look at her face. I don't think she's a clean person."

A woman stood with her hands on her hips, with a look of intense distaste.

Beside her, a boy of about eight or nine years old looked at the onlookers obediently and innocently. He said, "Uncle, Auntie, Big Brother, Big Sister, believe me, I didn't steal anything. My mother taught me not to steal since I was young, so I won't steal anything from others."

"You judge if that's the case."

The woman clapped her hands loudly, easily resonating.

A number of people nodded in agreement.

"This girl doesn't look where she's going and even maligns my son. Tell me, can I stand this? We're not unreasonable people. As long as this girl is willing to admit her mistake and give me a few coins to buy a bowl of noodles for my son, this matter will be over."