Ch 148:A letter

"Okay, thank you, Xiaolu. Go get some rest. You must be tired after walking all this way."

Madam Qian said with a gentle smile. She also happily returned to Chen Hu's side to continue making pickles.

Su Xiaolu smiled and entered the central room. Zhou Heng was playing with Chen Shi. When he saw Su Xiaolu, he smiled. "You're back."

Su Xiaolu went over and pinched Chen Shi's chubby cheeks. She smiled and said to Zhou Heng, "Big Brother Zhou Heng, Master asked you to go over. He has something to tell you. Go over quickly. I'll take care of Brother Shi."

Su Xiaolu thought that it should be about Zhou Heng's family.

Zhou Heng's expression turned serious when he heard that. He thanked Su Xiaolu and left.

Zhou Heng went next door. Old Wu was waiting for him in the house.

Zhou Heng looked a little grave. He walked in.

Old Wu took out a letter and handed it to him. "This is the letter that came."

The letter was delivered. Old Wu did not care about Zhou Heng's mood. He stood up and went into the inner room with his hands behind his back.

Zhou Heng let out a long breath and swallowed to suppress his uneasy heart. Then, he opened the envelope and read it.

He had expected this. The capital was still unstable and he could not go back. But when this came true, he still felt terrible. He had been away from home for two years.

Recommended for you
Top 35+ wives and girlfriends of famous Footballers
Sponsored by bakehuge

There were tears in his eyes, dripping onto the letter. He wiped them away and read the letter many times before folding it away.

He knew he would not be going back for a while. He would have to wait for a message when he could.

After calming down, Zhou Heng thought it through.

1

Since he couldn't go back, he couldn't stay at Su Sanlang's house like this forever. He had to go to school too.

Zhou Heng took a deep breath and said, "Sir, the letter says that the situation is unstable and I can't return yet. Please help me enroll into the school."

After Zhou Heng said that, Old Wu did not reply for a long time.

Zhou Heng did not leave either. He knew that Old Wu must have found him troublesome.

Zhou Heng pursed his lips and waited quietly for Old Wu to reply.

After a long time, an impatient voice came from the back room. "Got it."

This was so annoying. He was already cured, but he was still not able to leave!

When Zhou Heng heard the answer, he exhaled softly and turned around to leave.

When they returned to the Su family, Zhou Heng said to Su Xiaolu, "Xiaolu, go and rest."

Su Xiaolu smiled at Zhou Heng and said, "Big Brother Zhou Heng, are you unhappy?"

Zhou Heng did not say anything. He was really unhappy, so he could not even pretend.

Su Xiaolu walked over and hugged Zhou Heng. "Don't be unhappy. Trouble will always disappear."

Su Xiaolu knew that Zhou Heng would not leave anytime soon.

Zhou Heng was only eight years old. He would also be homesick and emotional. That was normal.