Ch 158: Lifting the Robe and kneeling

The family business would be handed over to Sun Baoshan in the future. After Sun Baoshan married, he would manage it with his wife.

Madam Lian could only promise that she would always do her best, but she was not sure what would happen next.

Su Xiaolu was her savior. Madam Lian was willing to think for her.

No matter what, the Sun family would benefit from the cooperation in the end.

But there was no guarantee that anyone who would take over in the future would be satisfied with that, so precautions had to be taken.

Su Xiaoling smiled and nodded. "Okay, I'll listen to Auntie."

Of course, she would think through such details, but it felt different when Madam Lian thought for her.

In short, Su Xiaolu was very happy with the agreement.

Madam Lian looked at her and said, "Xiaolu, go ahead with your work. I won't disturb you anymore, but you have to rest when you're tired. Don't tire yourself out, understand?"

Madam Lian said with concern and stood up.

Su Xiaolu nodded. "Yes, thank you for your concern. I know."

Su Xiaolu focused on making the medicine while Madam Lian went out quietly.

Recommended for you
When You Get Married, Here Are the Types of Dresses to Avoid Purchasing
Sponsored by Bakehuge

She thought about what Su Xiaolu had said and prepared to discuss it with Sun Ziqian. The Sun family had a wide range of businesses, including skincare, so Su Xiaolu had really found the right person to look for. It would not be a problem for the Sun family to sell it.

But when they returned to the main courtyard, Sun Ziqian was not there. Madam Lian asked the servants in the courtyard, "Where's Master?"

The servant replied respectfully, "Teacher Lin is here to see Master. Master has just gone to the main hall."

Madam Lian instructed, "I understand. Go to the main hall and wait. When Master and Teacher Lin are done talking, call him back and say that I have something to discuss with him."

The servant nodded and left.

In the main hall.

Sun Ziqian met Lin Pingsheng. As usual, he said humbly and politely, "Hello, Teacher Lin."

Lin Pingsheng looked at Sun Ziqian and met his eyes. He said, "Master Sun, I have something to ask of you."

Needless to say, Sun Ziqian knew what he was doing. Sun Ziqian looked troubled, but he still said firmly to Lin Pingsheng, "Teacher Lin, I know you want to ask about the divine doctor. I'll help you with anything else, but I really can't help you with this."

Lin Pingsheng lowered his eyes. He lifted his robe and knelt down.

This action shocked Sun Ziqian. He hurriedly reached out to help him up and said helplessly, "Teacher Lin, why are you doing this? Hurry up and get up. I really can't help..."

Lin Pingsheng refused to get up. His heart hurt so much that he was about to suffocate. His mind was filled with the image of Lin Yaoyao lying in a pool of blood.

"Yaoyao slit her wrist..."

Lin Pingsheng's voice was very calm, but every word seemed to carry a thousand catties of force, making it difficult to breathe.