Ch 31: Finding a Doctor

Su Sanlang quickly waved his hand. “Master Fu, you misunderstood. I didn’t sell to anyone else. I had been busy with housework, so I kept them at home. I only came to town today.”

Seeing that the basket was full, how could Sun Fu not understand? He smiled and said, “It’s okay. I was just teasing you. Let me see what good stuff you’ve brought this time.”

Su Sanlang put the back basket down and untied the sack. “It’s still the same as before,” he said. “Hares, pheasants and turtledoves.”

The prey Su Sanlang had brought was as good as the last time, every one of them were lively. It was obvious that they had been raised well.

Sun Fu casually picked one up and said, “Good stuff.”

Some people had good hands. Sun Fu had only managed to raise the prey from last time for a day, but they did not eat or drink much. In order to avoid them dying, he could only kill them all in one go.

“Brother, you’re raising them so well. Last time, I only managed to raise them for a day, but they did not eat or drink. How did you raise them?”

Sun Fu asked.

Su Sanlang didn’t know either, but he said truthfully, “It was fed with insects and grass gathered by the children in the family.”

This was true. It was just that the grass and insects might be something special, but Su Sanlang wasn’t going to say anything about this particular reason. He still had that bit of caution, and it was not like he was lying.

Sun Fu did not question further. He just thought that people were different. After all, some people were born to be liked by small animals and could raise them well.

On the other hand, some people would only cause whatever they tried to raise to die earlier.

Recommended for you
If You Suffer From Knee and Hip Pain You Should Read This
Sponsored by news4ppl.com
3

Sun Fu called his two disciples and quickly went to weigh the goods. They weighed a total of 210 catties. Sun Fu readily calculated the money for Su Sanlang.

The 210 catties, 25 copper coins per catty, amounted to a total of 5250 copper coins, which were exchanged for five taels of silver and 250 copper coins and given to Su Sanlang.

This time, after calculating the money, Sun Fu did not let Su Sanlang leave immediately. Instead, he got his disciple to pour him a bowl of water and bring him two steamed buns.

Sun Fu said, “Brother, I’m the chef of this Sun residence. My name is Sun Fu. What’s your name and where do you live?”

“It looks like you’ve had a long walk. Drink some water and eat some steamed buns to fill your stomach.”

Sun Fu smiled amiably. The big white steamed buns were fragrant and soft. Su Sanlang could not bear to eat it when Sun Fu’s disciple stuffed it into his hand. His three children and wife had never eaten such good steamed buns.

Seeing him like this, Sun Fu understood at a glance. He smiled and said, “Brother, just eat. When you go back later, bring five more home for the children to eat. Don’t refuse. This is worthless in the Sun residence. It’s food for us servants.”

Seeing that the Sun residence was so open, Su Sanlang stopped being coy. After eating the steamed buns and drinking water, he said to Sun Fu, “My name is Su Sanlang. I live in South Mountain Village.”

“How many children do you have, then?”

Sun Fu asked in detail.

Su Sanlang smiled and said, “Four. My eldest son is 11 and my second eldest son will be ten this December. The two younger ones are girls, one of them is six and the youngest was born not long ago.”