Ch 147: Price Reduction

After the New Year's Eve dinner, the sky had not turned dark yet. Chen Erniu and Chen Daniu had brought Chen Shi over to play.

They all played together again.

When it was dark, they went home to wash up and rest.

After the New Year, the days went on as usual.

There was still no news about Zhou Heng's letter. He had something on his mind, so on the second day of the first lunar month, he asked Old Wu.

"Sir, would you please write a letter to my mother?"

Zhou Heng requested respectfully.

Old Wu didn't even look up. Even if the person in front of him was a proper royal, he wouldn't treat him differently. He only replied coldly.

Zhou Heng seemed to want to say something else, but he did not say it. In the end, he bowed respectfully and said, "Thank you, sir."

Then he backed out quietly.

Old Wu would only treat Su Xiaolu differently because Su Xiaolu was his only disciple.

Apart from that, Old Wu was a man of few words.

Recommended for you
If You Suffer From Knee and Hip Pain You Should Read This
Sponsored by news4ppl.com

Zhou Heng went out and sighed softly. He looked at the distant horizon and could not help but worry.

It had been a long time since he sent the letter, but there had been no reply. He did not know how it was going. He could do nothing but wait.

With worry, Zhou Heng returned to the Su family.

Su Sanlang and Chen Hu were now focused on business.

After the new year, the Su and Chen families' shop had never been opened. However, Su Sanlang and Chen Hu's shop continued developing, so several acres of land were planted with vegetables and cabbages this year.

The fields were planted with rice.

The two families were not free, Su Sanlang and Chen Hu took the time to go to the village chief's house and ask the village chief to help plow the land and pay them.

The chief was happy to help on such a good errand.

After the New Year, Su Sanlang often bought vegetables from other villages. The village was a little anxious, so they could only come to beg the village chief. It was already halfway through the first month. Only then did Old Master Wang ask when Su Sanlang and Chen Hu came to discuss farming.

After asking, Old Master Wang said, "Sanlang, Hu, what do you think? Give me an answer."

Chen Hu said nothing. He only looked at Su Sanlang.

Su Sanlang's expression was calm as he said to Old Master Wang, "Grand Duke, I was willing to buy it from the village because I had feelings for them. However, they went back on their word and didn't care about our feelings. Now, they want to sell it to me again. I can actually refuse to buy it, but if they're willing to sell it, I'm willing to pay three copper coins for two catties. If they think the price is low, then forget it."

1

He took one coin for everyone else.

1

However, he only lowered the price of those who had sold it to the Su and Chen families.

Old Master Wang was shocked when he heard this. He knew what Su Sanlang meant.

The Su and Chen families had once wanted to rob Su Sanlang and Chen Hu of their wealth, but they had failed. Su Sanlang was now doing this as revenge.